"Yeah, who else would we be talking about?"

"Well... I was asking for a pencil. I didn't know he was the transfer!"

"Wow, that's gutsy (Y/N), especially for you."

"Gee, thanks."

"Anyway, be careful." she warned, her eyes serious, "He assaulted someone and picks fights if you even look at him wrong. How he acted in class was an act, because Ms. K was there. Next time you won't be so lucky. You should stay away from him, for your own safety. We don't want you to get hurt, (Y/N), so be careful, okay?"

I nodded seriously, a wave of dread washing over me. Did I really just have a close brush with death? Thinking about it now, he might've had a gun in his bag or something! I walked away, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye, (Y/N)." they said back in unison.

I made my way up to the student council room, my head reeling from shock. Wow, I'll have to be extra careful with him around. I shivered, but plastered a smile on my face when I saw Makoto down the hall. I waved and called out, "Mako-chan!" She turned to look at me and smiled. I caught up to where she was, and we began the walk to the cafe.

"How was your day, (Y/N)?"

"Well, I met the transfer student. Turns out he's in our class. And guess what?"

"Hmm?"

"He sits right in front of me. God, I have such rotten luck." I pouted playfully, eliciting a laugh from my friend. "Sounds exciting. Don't get into any trouble, alright?"

"Oh, right, because I'm practically a magnet for trouble, aren't I?"

"Actually, you kind of are-"

"Oh, shut it!"

We made our way down the street, giggling and talking with each other. I pushed all thoughts of the transfer student out of my mind, focusing on my friend for the time being. When we arrived at the cafe, we were both in a good mood. I thanked any higher power above that I had a friend like Makoto. The door jingled as we walked in, and Sojiro grinned at us. "Ah, I was wondering when you would be coming back."

"Geez, our lives don't revolve around this place, Boss." I chuckled, plopping down on a seat at the counter. "Two of the usual, please." Makoto asked politely. He nodded, "Coming right up."
We chatted amiably, forgetting about the studying we were supposed to be doing.

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. I have a new... part-timer. He's kinda quiet, so don't bother with him." the owner of the cafe sighed. I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "Oh, really? Does Sojiro have a soft spot for someone other than us?"

He laughed, "Right, because I treat you guys so much better than my other customers. Aren't you supposed to be studying or something?" Makoto blinked and we both looked at each other. I giggled, "Whoops?" She sighed. "We'll get right on it, Boss."

We moved to a booth and pulled out our books. "Man, these things weigh a ton." I grumbled.

"You're telling me." my companion sighed.

We studied for a couple hours. Then the door jingled again, startling us. I didn't bother looking up, but Makoto did. The second her head tilted up, it immediately ducked back down to whisper to me, "Isn't that the transfer?" My blood ran cold, and my eyes widened. I looked up to see him staring at me. NONONONONOO NOPE NOT TODAY. I grabbed my things and jumped up, my hand latched around Makoto's wrist. "Come on, we should get going." I bolted out of the shop, dragging her with me without even glancing at him. Once outside and around the corner, she stopped me, catching her breath. Then she glared up, "What was that for?"