Halloween

LORELEI

When Loki said he wanted to attend the school's Halloween Party, I really had no plans of accompanying him. Not that I wasn't interested, I just didn't really like the idea of Halloween. Pero heto ako ngayon, nagmamadaling maglinis para maayos na ang isusuot kong costume.

"Lorelei, this will be our biggest break! Kung pupunta tayo roon, the-"

Hininto ko ang paghuhugas ko ng pinggan at humarap sa kaliwa ko kung saan siya nakatayo. He looked dull but determined, if that's even possible.

"I told you I can't, Mr. Mendez."

"You can but you don't want to."

"Exact- I mean, Loki, parties are not my thing. Lalo na ang Halloween Party." sabi ko sa kanya at ipinagpatuloy ang paghuhugas ng plato.

"How 'bout we make a deal?"

Deal? Loki is really serious with this Halloween thing? Hah! Bright idea, Lorelei. Maybe I can use this opportunity to make him my puppet for the rest of the sembreak.

"Sure, Loki." I smiled while not looking at him. "I have a suggestion."

"Okay."

"Here's the thing, sasamahan kita sa Halloween Party but you have to pay for it, of course."

"No problem, Lore-"

"Of course not with money, you rich kid."

"Just get straight to the point. I'm getting bored."

Aba! Ang kapal talaga ng mukha ng lalaking 'to. Siya ang may kailangan sa akin pero ako pa maga-adjust? Oh, Loki, you're one tough guy but I'll have you on my hands soon.

"Okay, let's have dinner day after the party?"

Loki looked bored when his eyes met mine. He put out his phone from his pocket and typed something on it. Ibinulsa niya ulit iyon pagkatapos.

"Date saved. So that's it? A date."

My cheeks suddenly felt hot and my heartbeat became unsteady.

"You'll help me with my Math, Loki. We're not just having dinner!" I said.

"Okay, Lorelei."

"What about our costumes? Hindi ba natin kailangan magsuot ng costume kung pupunta tayo sa party?"

"You can wear whatever you want. I won't mind."

The conversation is over. I waited for him to go back in his room, shut his door closed but he stood there like he was hesitating to say something. Hindi ko siya pinansin. Binanlawan ko ang mga kasangkapan at saka iyon pinunasan. If Loki wanted to tell me something, he would not hesitate. He says whatever he wants. Bahala siya diyan.

After cleaning the sink and washing my hands, I walked my way to my room, not bidding him goodbye.

"Lorelei?"

I stopped on my track and turned my head to look at him. I waited for what he wanted to tell me for 5 seconds, 10 seconds and got nothing... or maybe something.

"Don't invite Al."

"We're in the same school, Loki. It's his choice not to go."

"Tell him not to go then." At saka siya umalis.

I'm 15 minutes late. Siguro naman ay sabay na kami ni Loki pumuntang school. He asked me to go so I supposed he's waiting for me outside while sitting on the couch. But when I was done fixing myself, I went out and checked the sofa but he wasn't there. I checked his room and knocked on the door for three times but no one answered.