Chapter 8

Ouch!

Alexandre whimpered like a pup when he felt someone's knee catch him between the legs. For a solid five minutes he whined under the covers until he remembered where he was and...

Wait. I'm supposed to be dead!

Yes, you were, Alexandre.

That voice sounded dangerous.

He felt a hand nudge at both of his own where they rested atop his privates. A growl slipped from his lips before he could think about the repercussions of denying the captain what was technically his. The snarl he received in return got his heart stumbling over itself, but instead of James lunging at his throat, he felt a hand gently press against his chest.

Huh?

The blood pirate very carefully nudged him back down to the bed, as he hadn't even realized he'd begun to get up from his panic.

"Calm down, I just got frustrated because of what you did. I won't attack you."

What in god's name?

"Don't think you won't be punished. I know about your heart problem now, too."

Oh...

"Yes, and you really made me angry by not telling me about it."

Him?

"Why would I tell you such a thing? Why would you care?"

Alexandre could see his temper flaring behind his eyes, but the man kept his calm on the outside while he got himself out of the bed. That's when he noticed the smell of freshly cooked food and saw a huge tray sitting on the desk before him. It smelled like heaven. 

His stomach rumbled loudly at the thought of getting even a little of it...

Wait a second. 

He sniffed the air a few more times, then cringed.

It's all spinach and broccoli. Disgusting. 

The captain's snicker brought his attention back to him.

He planned this?

"Of course. I said you would be punished, and it just so happens that you told that little human boy the two foods you would never eat."

Alexandre glared at him before getting himself into a sitting position. He really did need some energy... but not enough to eat such disgusting fare.

"Oh, but that's exactly what you are going to do, young Alexandre."

His stomach flipped at the simple thought of touching that food as he backed into the corner the bed was pushed against. Sure, he knew that he was showing a bit more of himself than he intended, but the man had already seen him completely naked and didn't seem to wish to press physical punishments, so right now he was much more focused on getting away from the disgusting plate of food.

Said plate was suddenly in his lap, warming the blanket that was pulled up just enough to keep him from getting burned by the heat. He cringed away from it, but when the captain spoke...

"Eat it all or I break the boy's arm."

Frustrated, Alexandre grabbed the fork that had been dug into the stack of disgusting vegetables and forced a huge mouthful between his lips. Of course, his free hand was squeezing his nose to keep the taste from making him wretch.

"Move your hand."

No.

James smirked and grabbed Alexandre's wrist, forcing him to let go of his nose after applying pressure to the bones. The man was damn strong. He tried to hold his breath for as long as he could manage, but when he finally had to take one, the flavors of broccoli and spinach swam through his taste buds... but there was also garlic and quite a few sharp spices.