Chapter 1 - A New Life?

Hi! My name is Yeonie and I'm half korean and half american! I'm 19 and I currently have no one as my parents had passed away last 2 years but now, I want to start fresh and Korea seems to be the great place to do so.. But that was what I thought. It seems it was no different then America..

Why so? Cause I was robbed while walking to my parents vacation house. They took my luggage and even my handbag with everything that's in it. But thank god I kept the house key, credit card and my passport inside my coat pocket. But now I'm penniless! I have already used all my savings for the flight here and the money I inherited from my parents was in another credit card that was inside my handbag.. Haiz.. What a life I have..

Now I'm walking aimlessly on the street, not knowing what to do. Yes, I have a house and my passport but with no money to pay for the bill nor flight tickets, it's useless!! I need to find a job immediately!

Just as I thought of that in my mind, a paper flew in front of me as if showing me a way to my problem. I then took the paper and read it. "Looking for a girl, age ranging from 19 to 25 to work as a maid. An attractive salary with benefit awaits.. Hem.. Look quite good. I can do housework, cook, sew and I'm even 19! I should take up this job!" I said eagerly and went to the address located on the paper.

After 15 minutes of searching the place, I finally arrive in front of a huge and tall building. There was a sign saying 'SM ENTERTAINMENT' on it and I guess that this was a record company or something. So, I went inside the building and went to the reception counter.

"Yes miss? Can I help you with something?" A lady behind the counter ask me and I said that I wanted to take up the job that was in the paper. She then gave me a smile and ask me to take a seat. After a few minutes, she came to me with a guy beside her.

"I hear you are interested in the 'maid' job? What makes you want to take this job?" The guy ask me.

"I just simply needed money. I don't live here.. I live in America but I wanted to start a new and so I came here as my parents bought a vacation house here.. I thought I would live a nice life here but I was wrong. I was rob and I only have my passport, house key and a penniless credit card with me.. Without any money, I can't live in the vacation house as I need to pay for the bills if I do and I don't have any.. So yeah.. That is basically my story.." I said to him so that he understand my situation.

"Ok.. I see.. You are accepted then.. But first, fill in this for me.. And what was your name?" He ask me as he gave me a paper to fill in my particulars.

"Kim Taeyeon but I prefer Yeonie.. Here you go, Sir.. So when can I start?" I ask.

"Right away if you can.. But I need to tell you all the rules first.. I don't want you to be confuse later on.. Ok.. Firstly, you are not allowed to leave the house if they didn't give you any permission.. Secondly, you are to do WHATEVER they say. AND I MEAN WHATEVER.. Thirdly, never go against their words. Yeah, they are nice but some of them have very bad tampered.. Fourthly, you can never tell anyone of the work you do for them.. If you ever tell anyone, let's just say that you will see the CEO of this company in court.. Lastly, if you were to back out of this contract, you have to pay a sum of 900,000,000₩ for voiding the contract.. Now do you understand?" He ask me with a serious expression on his face.

"Yes sir.. But may I know who you are? Am I working for you?" I ask while looking confuse.

"Haha!! Nice question you have there! But no, you're not working for me.. I'm the manager of the guys you're going to work for.. Come, follow me. I'm gonna introduce you to them.." He said and that made me think.

Them? Guys? They? You mean I'm gonna work as a maid for a group of guys?! Oh god.. If this is how it should be, then at the very least please make them hot or handsome.. I don't want a middle age man!