Chapter Five.

This chapter feels a bit rushed. Oh well.

Darcy still hadn't recovered from her assault, one day didn't even cut close to how long she would need. Somehow, the thought of seeing Dr. Lector again made her feel hopeful- made her feel somewhat safe again; although she knew she was far from safe. She craved Dr. Lector's voice- his guidance, and most of all, she craved for his touch. She didn't crave it sexually like most people would, she craved it in a friendly way, like how best friends yarn for each other whenever they're upset. She needed his comfort, and when he stepped out of his office with his miniscule smirk, that's exactly how she felt. Comfortable.

"Good morning Miss Reid. Please, come in." His deep voice invited, stepping aside so that she could enter. She tried her best not to limp, but it it physically impossible, especially with how much pain radiated through her.
She could feel Dr. Lector's stare as she wobbled on past him, it was as if they were digging deep inside her. She made it to the small leather couch that she usually sits in, and landed in it with a small whimper of pain and a wince.

"May I ask," Dr. Lector began as he sat across from her, sitting forward and looked directly at her as she refused eye contact.
"Why are you limping?" He held out a pen and notepad for her to take, which she took shyly. But she didn't move her after that. She just sat still and stared out the curtained window.

"You can tell me, Miss Reid." He reassured her. She looked over at Lector, and suddenly she was caught in his gaze. His beautiful brown eyes stared back at her, they showed no emotion in them, but somehow they had captivated her.
Her hand then began to write slowly. A simple three letter word. She held the notepad so that Dr.Lector could read it.

Sex.

Her psychiatrist' eyes scanned the word briefly, then nodded understandingly.

"You don't seem too happy about that." Lector commented. She took the notepad back and scribbled down another word before turning it back around for Dr. Lector to read.
Right above where she wrote sex, it said Unwanted.

"You were raped?" He questioned her quickly. Darcy nodded.
"When did this happen?" He fired another question.
Then it happened. She didn't know why, but she did it. Something deep inside her trusted Dr. Lector, and that's why she did it. She spoke her first sentence.

"After you dropped me home." Her voice was deep but only came out as a whisper, and her throat seemed to rip from not speaking often. Dr. Lector leaned back in his chair.
She spoke her first words, but that didn't seem to bother him, and instead he continued the session like normal.

"Would you like to report your assault?"
She shook her head quickly, then whispered,

"Secret. Keep it."

Dr. Lector swallowed, his Adams apple bounced up and down as he did so.

"You want me to keep your secret, don't you?" Lector suggested.

She nodded.