Chapter 1

Elijah's pov.

I have a feeling something is going to happen today. Something that will change mine and my family's lives forever. I've been having dreams. In the dreams I am with a young girl. She looks like someone I know but I can't put a name to the face. This girl is beautiful. I can tell she has somewhat of a dark past by the look in her eyes. I can see it in the way she walks and in the way she carries herself. This girl couldn't be more than 15 years old. I need to know who this girl is. I need to why I'm having dreams of her.

Sapphire's pov.

I'm traveling to New Orleans today. I'm getting on the plane in about 5 minutes. I'm going to see my best friend. Her name is Taylor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This is Taylor. She is actually my cousin in real life.)

(This is Sapphire

(This is Sapphire.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(5 minutes later)

"The passengers for plane 36 American Airlines, please make your way to the boarding station. You plane has just arrived." Said a lady over the intercom. I got up from my seat and stood in line to get on to the plane. After about 5 more minutes I was on the plane in my seat. As the plane was taking off I put in my earbuds and listened to some music. I had a 2 hour flight ahead of me so I brought my laptop to watch movies, a book, my phone to listen to music, and a neck pillow to sleep. I had already been of 2 other planes and both flights were around 5 hours long.

Skip Flight

When the plane landed I unbuckled my seatbelt and made my way off the plane. I got my luggage and walked outside to wait for a taxi.

Skip Car Ride

When I got to my friends house she ran outside and practically jumped on me. "Ok, Taylor I still need to breath!" I said. She let go of me and grabbed my bags. We walked inside and her mom came up to me. She asked me a bunch of questions about my flight here and if I made it here safely. After I answered all her questions I freshened up. When I was done Taylor wanted to go into the city. (Taylor is 17 so she is capable of going out alone.) We left the house and walked into the French quarter. We went into Rousseau's bar and had dinner. I got a cheeseburger with fries and Taylor got chicken strips with fries. When we finished eating it was 9:00 at night so we went around the city, exploring. We were walking down Bourbon Street, laughing and having a good time when I bumped into someone. I turned around and apologized and he did the same. Except after he apologized he stared at me. "Are you ok?" I asked. "Uh...yeah, I'm sorry." He said and walked away. "That was weird!" I said and Taylor agreed. We went back to the house and went straight to bed.

Elijah's pov.

I saw her. I bumped into the girl that was in my dreams. She was with another girl. She looked like she was around 17. I went straight home after I bumped into her so I could wrap my brain around what is going on. I had been thinking so hard that I didn't realize my sister was talking to me. "Elijah, are you even listening?" Rebekah yelled. I looked at her. "Yes, what were you saying?" I asked. "Are you ok? You've been sitting in that same spot, doing nothing for 2 hours." She said. "I'm thinking. I bumped into the girl that was in my dreams. The girl I told you about. She looked like...Gracie!" I said. She raised her eyebrow. "The girl you were with almost 15 years ago?" She asked. I nodded. "How old did she look?" She asked. "14 maybe 15." I said. Her eyes went wide. "Elijah, what if she's...your daughter? She could be your daughter. Elijah, we need to find out." She said. I nodded in agreement. "We'll do it tomorrow." I said. She nodded and left. I went to bed.