Chapter 17: Sibling Rivalry

Start from the beginning

“My father saw the struggle going on inside of me as the two parts battled for dominance.  It was obvious that I would win as the dragon had fused with the dark part of my mind, not the part he had created.  Fearing the consequences my father used his powers to lock those powers, the dragon, and the memories of my early life away.  He instead chose to give the other personality dominance and convinced him that he was a normal human child with a normal life.  I was locked away and the Jesse you’ve known was given life.  In that time I was able to bond with the dragon on the deepest levels, making us almost one and the same.  Using this connection and the push of his new friends, I was able to reopen the blood lust in a hope that I would get enough power to reawaken.  Which almost work thanks the death of his first fiance, however again, once I had killed Noel’s brother and eaten him, my body healed.  This time Clarissa brought the other personality back to control and locked me and most of that memory away.  She did not have the skill to block the full memory but she could hide the horror of him eating another human being and killing the innocent people away.”

“So will he come back now?”

“No.  His fusion with the dragon inside brought him closer to being me again.  Just close enough that I am now able to have total and complete control.  Even if I’m able to heal the holes in my mind left from the stress of these memories being brought back at once, I will still be in control.  I am now complete, and the other one is in Elysium.”

Lust took a step back and grasped at her chest.  It felt tight and her heart felt like it was going to break in two.  Tears streamed down her face as she fell to her knees.  Jesse looked at her with a confused expression on his face.

“Why do you cry angel?  I am still here, I have the same feelings and emotions as the Jesse you met.  And in a few hours, I will have all his memories as well.  We can be together as you planned.”

“No.   No.  It’s not the same.  You aren’t the Jesse that I fell in love with, you are not the one I want to spend my life with,” she said over her tears and sobs.

Jesse coldly looked away from her and scanned the horizon.

“So will you leave me then?  Will you break your promise and run for your life?  If so I will not stop you, however I do recommend you stay in the cave.”

With those final words he fluttered his wings and left the cave.  He approached two men that were walking his way.  From their scent he recognized them as his brothers.  They reeked of dirt, ash, and light angel weakness.

The continued walking towards each other until they were within shouting distance.  Even from this distance Jesse could still make out their features in detail.  Anthony his hair was still back, cut short and spiked up.  He had a trimmed beard but lacked a mustache.  He had little more muscle than Jesse but it was well toned.  He wore black sweat pants and running shoes.  His fists were tapped up to his forearms.  As expect he didn’t wear a shirt, exposing the tattoos on his stomach, chest and arms.  For the first time his wings were exposed and fluttering in the wings, they were white with flaming red tips.  Fitting for an arch angel that had been giving the blessing of fire control.

Chris’ appearance hadn’t changed much from the last time the other Jesse had seen him.  His head was still shaved, and he still had the black chin goatee and mustache combination.  His body was slender but filled with muscle.  He wore the same attire as Anthony with the addition of a dark blue bandana wrapped around his head and shorts instead of pants.  The tips of his wings glowed with a hazel light, fitting is earth control gift.

“It’s about time we found you kid.  I was beginning to think that you had gotten yourself killed out here,” shouted Chris.

“How kind of you to show concern now.  A little late though.”