Confession

" 'Mione, it's okay, I wanted to talk too." Harry replied, although now might not be a great time to talk about anything. She must be really upset.

Hermione looked up "You-You did?"

"Of course, there is no one else in Hogwarts I'd rather talk to. But can you tell me what's wrong first?"

She nodded "H-Harry, on the train, y-you were being extremely nice to me...you stood up for me when Ron called me a mud blood-"

"He called you that again?!"

"No, no, I was just saying how nice you were being. No one has ever really been that nice to me."

"Then why are you upset?"

"Well...I heard a Ravenclaw girl today-first year. She said you two spent the whole afternoon together, and you guys liked each-" she couldn't finish her sentence. Harry could feel her grip tighten around his torso.

"Hermione" he smiled "I spent the whole afternoon with the Gryffindor Quidditch captain. I'm the new seeker."

She smiled a smile of relief, or maybe she was just happy for him.

"Besides I don't like anyone besides y-"
Harry stopped himself, but he knew he was too late.

"Harry...maybe...maybe if we stay-you know as close friends, well, we could grow up and finish school...and..." her voice trailed off.

"Yeah, I would like that." Harry smiled, gave her one last hug, and went to the boys dormitories, leaving Hermione
standing, smiling and wondering what on Earth she had just done.

•••••
•••••

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. I will continue to write my usual long ones but this one was hard because they are still only 11 so they couldn't like actually start being serious in their relationship.

I am also thinking of skipping Chamber of Secrets because that book didn't have many harmione moments except the "your a great wizard" but I was thinking I could add it in here somehow and they'd still be pretty young so their relationship would still be in the same place. Anyway just leave suggestions in the comments :) .