What is a Pidge? a

A/N I thought to be kind and include what underlined meant for me.
This is to signify the Galran language, I can not speak or write Galran, so I made do with what I had.

Just as the five were about to start training, an alarm started to ring.  Zarkon's voice boomed out of speakers.
"Galras! Team Voltron is attacking the homeship.  Come fight for Galra, or else you will be destroyed"

"Not really a motivating speech" Katie stated this to Keith.  He very slowly signed back.

'I don't think Zarkon is known for his motivational speeches'

"Yeah, by the way..." Katie looked down at the ground.

'We need to go and aid the rest of the Galra soldiers in battle'

"Wait! Keefie!" Keith turned his head to look at the short girl.

'So that's what you and Mouse giggle about.  What did you even name me in the first place?'

"Um... well..... well, we need to go help the bat-" Katie felt extremely embarrassed interrupted and she cut herself off.

Keith put all his attention on her.
'That wasn't what you were going to say, was it?'

She shook her head and nodded at the same time.
"It wasn't, but it was, if tha-" She was cut off by two people yelling

"PIDGE!!!  PIDGE!!! PIDGE, WHERE ARE YOU?!?"

"Calm down Lance, she'll be here, I hope"

"But she's been missing for seven months! Hunk, do you understand how long we've been searching for Pidge?"

"Yeah, remember, Keith is also missing.  You haven't mentioned his name once."

"Mullet'll be fine"

Two boys came into view.  One was chubby and the other was lanky.  They both seemed to be arguing about something called a 'Pidge' and someone called 'Keith'.  Katie, Mouse, Keith, Lulu and Lacey all get into battle stances and readied themselves for war.  The two boys stopped and looked directly at Katie, their faces went from surprise to shock, and then delight.  They gave a start in surprise before quickly advancing.

"Pidge?? You're alive?!?, see? I told you Hunk"

"Oh, I totally had no doubt about that"

"Riiight, You totally weren't crying a few minutes ago"

"I'm fairly sure that was you crying"

Katie stepped backwards quickly, she was sure she didn't know them, so why were they yelling 'Pidge' at her?, Keith swiftly stepped in front of her and hissed aggressively at the two advancing boys. They stopped and squinted at him before leaning their heads together.

"That couldn't possibly...."

"I think it is..."

"How? I thought he was dead?"

"Lance, we didn't see him die"

"But we were told that Keith died protecting Pidge from the Galrans"

"Yea-"

"And that guy is Galran, Keith is only half. There is no way it's him"

Katie cleared her throat and peeked out from behind Keith.
"Who are you guys? What's a Pidge? And why are you here?"

They looked at one another before muttering again. With an amount of surprising speed, the larger boy quickly did a series of moves and Lulu, Lacey and Mouse fall to the ground, they snored softly. Keith snorted but stayed in front of Katie. He signed,

'Leave us alone!'

The two boys just looked at his hand movements with confusion before their gaze goes back to Katie.  She squirmed uncomfortably under their gaze.  Suddenly, Keith collapsed to the ground with a grunt of pain and Lance stood over him, he then looked at Katie.

"Sorry about this" Katie's eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed as well.  Her breathing steady but shallow.

"Um, Lance, I think you over did it" Hunk grabbed Keith and flung him over his shoulder.  Lance followed suite with Katie.

"They'll be fine, You worry to much Hunk"

"You worry to little, Lance"

"Of course, that's my job, I'm the handsome lady killer"

"Right"

They carried the two sleeping people to the yellow and blue lions.  How they weren't noticed, they had no clue, but they managed to get to the castle without to many problems.

When Katie woke up again, she seemed to be in a sleeping pod of sorts. She noticed Keith was in a pod next to her. His sleeping face seemed so still and peaceful.

"Guys! Look! Pidge is awake"

"Yeah, the monitors told us."

"Yeah, but She isn't meant to be, she should be asleep"

"Lance, just release her"

"Ask Allura, or Coran"

Katie blinked a few times before her head cleared itself slightly, she still didn't know who they were, but from what they called each other, the chubby boy was Hunk, and the lanky boy was Lance. Katie's gaze immediately went to the Tech in the pod room. Everything looked so beautiful, so smooth, so well organised. She started to drool slightly.

"Lance, Hunk, what is it you wanted to show me?"

"Allura, look! Pidge! She's awake!"

"That shouldn't be so." The Altean pressed her face against the smooth glass surface of the pod and stared at Katie. Katie stared back. She was confused, why was she and Keith on an Altean ship?. She had been told the Alteans had all been wiped out.

"She seems fine. Did you say that she doesn't know who you are or what her name is?"
Allura placed a hand on the glass and her expression was that of worry.

"Yeah, we don't know what happened to her, or..... or Keith" Lance walked to where Keith stood peacefully sleeping.

"Are you sure that's Keith? He- he seems more Galran than human".  Allura's worried face turned skeptical.  She still didn't trust any Galra.

Someone else came running in, he seemed about 25 and had a white fringe. His hair was cut short and he was well muscled. He immediately went to Allura and looked at Katie's pod.

"Pidge? She's alive?, I thought that something bad had happened to her, I thought she died"

"Shiro, calm down. Something has happened to her, but we think it can be fixed."

"Can I talk to her?"

"I guess, but don't be to hard. Her brain seems scrambled"

"Right"

There was a whooshing sound and Katie's pod opened. She stumbled out of it and steadied herself before shooting a glare at Shiro. When Katie spoke, the Paladins were confused. Katie wasn't speaking their language, she was speaking Galran.
"What do you people want from us?"

"Pidge, please listen to us. What happened to you and Keith? How did you manage to survive? Why are you speaking Galran?" Shiro looked questioningly at Katie.

"Why is she speaking Galran?" That question was directed at Lance and Hunk, they shrugged.

"She was like that when we came across them. Keith apparently can't speak and uses sign language. Anyone here know sign language?" Hunk then started to ramble.

"Look, because it seems that Keith is our only means of communi—"
Katie was interrupted by Hunk who had disappeared before reappeared

"Hey, I found something in Pidge's room, it was labeled communication device for any language, Hunk, do not touch. I think it could be of some use"

The three Paladins and Allura put their heads together to try and figure out how the device worked.