Dumpster Divin'

She gasped for breathe as threw herself into the empty dumpster and looked up to find Daryl right behind her, closing the top. Beth could hear the groans and grunts of the walkers banging on the top as she leaned her head against the side. Light poured into the metal box, letting her see the gunk around her.

"I'd really rather not see in here." She grimaced and Daryl smirked a bit.

"That was a close call, Beth." He said after a bit of silence. She sighed. She knows it was. They had made a run into a grocery store and hadn't seen a small herd in a back room. They had let down their guards and she had gotten to close to the already opened door.

"But we survived." She answered with a small smile his way.

"That's not the point! You almost died today. It grabbed you and..." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Her gaze softened as she smirked a bit.

"Worried for me there, Mr. Dixon?"

"Don't taunt me, girl. Do you even care you about died?" He glared and started shifting to get comfortable for the night with a huff. She did care. That one little second she thought she was gone for good. That's why she took the biggest breath she could before moving into his lap and laying her head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, Daryl. I care." He stiffened before slowly relaxing and moving his hand on her forearm. He nuzzled her hair and seemed to inhale her scent, like it could be gone in a second.

"I thought you were gone for sure..." He muttered. She leaned back a bit so she could see his face. She ran her nose gains this softly as she muttered back, "I already told you, you will be the last man standin' one day."

He growled. She giggled, but her giggles were cut off the a pair of rough lips slamming into hers. She gave a low moan as she instantly started kissing him back. They kissed til they ran out of breath, forcing them to pull apart.

"I'm not losing you again, girl. Not after Terminus." He huffed out. She gave breathless laugh as she said, "You choose now to give me our first kiss? In a dumpster?" He snorted out a laugh of his own as he leaned his forehead against her collarbone.