He'd been home for about a week when he woke up to the sound of his phone vibrating next to him. Usually, Mike would've ignored it and went back to sleep, but when he saw who the texts were from, he sat up. It took some effort, but he eventually got up and swung his legs over his too-big king-sized bed. He rubbed his face and stared at the phone screen for a few minutes before he opened the messages. Tears immediately gathered at his waterline as he scrolled through the messages, getting to the top and carefully reading each one. When he had finished reading them, he threw his phone back onto his bed and stood up so quickly that he almost fell over. He pulled on the first shirt he saw and threw on a pair of Adidas slides, grabbed his phone and ordered an Uber. When he trudged downstairs, he grabbed a protein bar from the kitchen and ran outside, glad to see the car waiting outside.

The car ride wasn't too long -only fifteen minutes- but to Mike it felt like hours. He didn't know if he wanted to see Mat or not, but he knew that he had to. When the car pulled up in front of the mansion which Mike hadn't seen in months, he was hesitant to pull the handle on the door. It took a few seconds, but he eventually did, thanking the driver and climbing out. He looked at the front of the huge building, blinking a few times to remind himself that he was there. Mike clenched and unclenched his fists before he walked up to the front door and pushed it open. He knew that no one besides Mat would be home and he was so used to simply walking into the house. He walked to the stairs and quietly walked up them until he reached Mat's bedroom.

The room was quiet and empty and Mike couldn't help but look around it, examining everything. The bed was perfectly made and looked almost the same as it had the last time Mike had seen it. Mike looked at the floor and saw that there was a mess of blankets and pillows set up on the carpet. He walked in and knelt down, running his hand over the pillows. He began to pick them up, one by one, and arrange them on Mat's bed. He picked each of the blankets up and folded them neatly, then walked over to the empty closet Mat had and placed them on a shelf near the ceiling. Once he'd finished cleaning up in the bedroom, he walked out and walked back down the stairs.

The second place Mike checked was the studio. As he walked through the house, he looked around and took in every feature as if it was his last chance to see these things. When he walked into the studio, he was hit with a wave of nostalgia. He remembered all of the fun he and Mat'd had when they were making music or fooling around. He looked around and his eyes landed on the back of the desk chair, which appeared to be empty. He was prepared to walk out of the room when he heard a quiet grunt from the aforementioned chair. Mike's breath caught when he walked over and saw Mat curled up in the chair, looking smaller than ever. Mike got a bit closer and leant down so that he could wrap his arms around Mat. He hesitated for a moment before he lifted Mat up, one arm under Mat's knees and the other under his shoulders. With a grunt, Mike stood back up and positioned Mat so that he was being held comfortably, then walked out of the studio.

As Mike was walking up the stairs, he heard a door close behind him, and quickly turned around to face TJ who was standing at the base of the stairs. TJ opened his mouth to speak, but Mike quickly hissed for him to stay quiet. Mat turned over in Mike's arms and groaned, pressing his face into the crook of Mike's neck. Both Mike and TJ stared at Mat, TJ in worry and Mike in adoration. It'd been months since Mike had held Mat in his arms and he didn't want to give it up again.

"I'm taking his to his room. I'll leave after I know he's okay," Mike whisper-yelled. TJ shook his head.

"Stay with him, he'll need it," TJ said, giving Mike a sympathetic look. Mike nodded and walked up the rest of the stairs. He walked into Mat's room and set his ex-lover on the bed. He almost climbed on beside the smaller man, but decided against it, knowing that Mat needed his space. He walked over to the empty closet and grabbed one of the blankets, unfolding it and gently placing it over Mat. Mike watched as Mat grunted quietly and squirmed on the bed, cocooning himself in the blanket. It was then that Mike saw how small Mat really looked on his ridiculously large king-sized bed. He placed a hand over his mouth and held in a whimper, tears already gathering in his eyes. As he stared at Mat, he realized how utterly in love he was.