➳ 3 // Things Lovers Do

Comenzar desde el principio

"In one month time they will be here" father spoke again "so we will welcome them in the best manners we can"

We all nodded, no one having the courage to ask anything or defy any of his orders. Fun did end quickly when you're a high born.

-.-

A few days went by and in the mornings we seemed to forget what would be arriving in only a few weeks time. The nightly conversations I had with Robb now also consisted of the small fear I had of what the arrival of the royal family could bring into the family. If father was to be the Hand of the King he would have to travel south, to leave us, to leave the North behind and all he's ever really known and called home and then I would come to realize another truth behind this possibility.

Being the eldest lady of the Stark family I would have to marry a lord, probably to ensure an alliance of two houses and this would mean leaving Winterfell and almost becoming someone new. I knew this was to be my fate since I was young, we were told that it was an honor to be a high born lady and be able to parent children that would keep on the house name of our husbands, but it never really seemed like such an honor to me. It seemed like my fate had been twisted and simply laughed at my face every time I would think of it.

I was at an age where I was ready to be married but no good alliance had come our way so father seemed to still be quiet on the issue but something in me told me had that he his own schemes and ideas planned of who I would come to marry one day. We did not speak of the subject at all but it was clear that something bad was to come of it.

Tonight the conversation with Robb led to this path once more as I sat in my bed, my knee bouncing up and down at a speed that mother would somehow consider improper due to the wind like motion that it caused on my dress. I never understood most things that people were to find improper. Robb walked around the room being followed by Grey Wind as he was training him to stand by his side and stop when commanded, Syrena was already asleep on my bed, her face on one of the pillows next to the one I used for myself.

"Ana your leg is going to jump off if you do not stop that" he let out a sigh as he looked at me "what is troubling you so much?"

"What if the king also brings a marriage proposition with him?" I finally spoke up, my leg coming to a halt as my eyes met my brothers "for houses to become allies"

"And to whom would that proposition go?"

My shoulders moved down, the answer written all over my face as I expected Robb to see it and when he did he let out a long deep breath knowing where all of this conversation was heading to.

He came to sit next to me, his eyes still glued to Grey Wind as he was chewing down an old rag that Robb had given him as a reward for a good training, that wolf really liked to chew on things. For a while we simply stood in silence, my eyes looking at Robb as he kept on looking down at his wolf, but his eyes seemed to be elsewhere in deep thought and I knew he was trying to come up with the right words to say to me in the nerve wrecking state that he knew this topic usually made me. But no matter how many words of advice I was given, nothing could change the fact that the future would play on and I would end up marrying someone entirely different from what I'd always known.

"I know it does not help, but I'll end up marrying someone I most likely don't know as well" he said as he tried to ease the worry I was feeling.

"It's simply that-" I let out a sigh, my eyes now being the ones looking down " -I'll have to do all the things lovers do with someone I most likely will feel no affection towards"