chapter 1

Atika hamad Hussain

I slowly opened my eyes hearing the chirping of joyful birds . I was amazed on how dark it was outside in the pleasant morning . The dark water filled clouds are covering the sky making the weather looks rainy . I yawn wanting to sleep more . But thinking about my step mother I take my wish back .

I quickly get up and went to the washroom to freshen up . After getting myselff ready in blood red frock as today is Monday . I braided my hairs and placed a lovely red flower in it .

My step mother has set Monday to Friday day for me to help in cleaning of the maids and do all her chores . She often assigned me on chores .

I went out of my room and descended the stairs . I saw all the maids and servants doing their works when they see me walk in they bowed to me and women courtesy . I nodded my head at them . The main maid comes to me and bowed making me stop .

"My lady , the queen wants to see you !" She said . Her voice was low as well as polite .

"Okay !" I said and with the action of my hand dismissed her . She went to do her chores as I went to the queen's chambers .

I reached there and was surprised to see so many armed men standing . They were standing like a soldier making me scared . Although they were not ours soldiers nor they are dressed like one . The way they are standing defines them as a armed men but they are dressed in rags .

I elegantly walked ahead and stopped near the mman standing at the door . He saw me and bowed making all those armed men bowed . I smiled a little and nodded .

"Tell the Queen , I am here ." I said to him . He nodded and went in and after a minute comes and opened a door wide for me .

I went in to see that there were two old men sitting on the couch quiet informally smirking at me . I moved my gazed from them to the queen . I bowed and courtesy at her .

"You called me , your high ness ?" I asked politely .

"Yes dearest daughter I do I do .