Chapter 2: Can I Help You?

I stared at the man in front of door until he broke the silence.

"Um...hello?" He raised his hand to try to get my attention.

My eyes averted to his now concerned face. "Sorry. Can I help you with something, sir?"

"My names Gavin Free." He smiled and lifted his arm to shake hands. I saw the tattoo on his arm that contained a letter and numbers. I read "B24601". I didn't know what it meant so I ignored it and looked back at Gavin. I did the same and lifted my arm to shake hands.

"Michael, Michael Jones."

We quickly shook hands and smiled.

"Is there any way I can help you?" I asked politely.

"I found this. I believe this is your wallet. I found it in the Coco bakery a few corners down."

I immediately looked to my left at the black coffee desk that usually held my keys and wallet.

"Thank you." I took the wallet from Gavin. I was about to shut the door but Gavin started to say something.

"It was nice to meet to Mi-coo." He turned on his heels and walked off.

I closed the door and continued to get ready. I couldn't help thinking about Gavin. That damn prick was in my mind all day. All my day was him. I went to work, played games, recorded what I needed to, got angry at the games, got lunch, continued playing games, and went home. The whole time I saw thinking of the motherfucker.

--------------------------------- Saturday

I went to Coco bakery to get coffee and a chocolate caramel muffin. When I walked in the aroma filled my nostrils. The blend of cinnamon, espresso, caramel coffees, freshly baked blueberry, strawberry, and chocolate chip muffins. I see people sitting at tables with their phone or computer and the men dressed in nice suits.

I strolled to the line and waited for about three minutes. When I got to the front I was looking at my phone, texting Geoff about what we were doing tonight. I looked up after sending the text and saw a man patiently waiting. I hardly looked at him and told him my order. 

"One chocolate caramel muffin and a trenta Americano."

"That'll be $5.94, Mi-coo."

I got my wallet out and handed him my debt card. I continued to look at my phone until I noticed that he knew my name. 

"How do you know my name-" I looked up and saw a cunt brightly smiling at me. Why didn't I fucking notice that he had a British accent?! "Hey Gav."

"Hey Mi-coo."