Chapter 12- The Plan

A week has gone by since I saw Ethan. No one has said anything about the incident and Ethan has been on my mind everyday while everyone else had their mind on me finding a proper suitor. I know it seems a little early for that but every vampire princess born into the royal family must have found a proper suitor by the age of thirteen. Then by the age of eighteen she can decide whether she wants to marry him or someone else. Every eligible boy will be here tomorrow for a ball that we're throwing just for this occasion. Sad part is, it's for vampires only. Ridiculous I know. I don't want anyone but Ethan. My heart never fully got over him and I wish he was a vampire so he could have a chance to officially be mine. My heart says it's right but my mind says I need to keep the family name held up high. Then I got to thinking about the relationship between my mother and father before they got married. He gave up his royal status to be with my mom. He'll understand how I feel right? 

I put my art supplies away and teleported into my parent's room where I found my dad laying in bed reading. He noticed my presence and looked at me with a small smile on his face. 

"Hey sweetie glad to see you out of your room. How are you feeling?", he asked.

"A little bit better I guess", I replied sitting on the bed.

"You look like you have something on your mind. What's going on?", he asked.

"Why did you give up your title as prince when you met mom?", I asked in response.

He laid his book on his lap and sat up a little bit straighter.

"I loved her a lot and knew I couldn't live without her. At first I didn't like her but as time went on, I realized that I liked her. Then a like turned into a love and I fell for her. My mom and sister didn't like the fact that I was in love with her. So my dad helped us escape and so we could be happy together", he explained. 

"Do you think I can do the same?", I asked. 

"Why would you want to do that? You want to be with Ethan that bad?", he asked in response. 

"Dad I like him a lot. I might even love him for crying out loud", I replied. 

"Melissa I'm sorry but I can't let you do that. Please just give the suitors a chance. The people of Amena couldn't take us seriously for months when they learned that I left to be with a human. I don't want that happening again".

"Please", I begged.

He let out a sigh and nodded. 

"Okay here's what we're going to do. Find a suitor you like, pretend to like him for a few years and then you can date Ethan. Only if him and his parents agree to stop stealing things".

"A few years dad I can't guarantee that he'll still be alive in a few years".

"Well I won't have my daughter dating the son of a couple of thieves". 

"He doesn't have to be like them. You were nothing like your parents. Didn't they always follow the rules when they were growing up?", I asked. 

"Yes and so did I until your mother", he replied. 

"What are you two talking about?", my mom asked walking through the door.

"Dad won't let me continue seeing Ethan until I'm eighteen", I replied. 

"Morgan we have to think about what's best for the kingdom", he said. 

"Lucas don't you remember when we were madly in love? Nothing could keep us apart and nothing can still keep us apart", she said sitting next to him. 

"Honey we have to think about what the people in the village would say about this. It already happened with us and no one took us seriously", my dad said.

"Our daughters' happiness should matter more than a kingdom", she said.

She looked at me and gave me a small smile. 

"You can continue seeing Ethan but in private. It won't be easy but I think we can pull it off. All we need to do is have your suitor agree to the plan", my mom said. 

"We are not doing that. What if someone else finds out about the plan?", my dad asked. 

"No one will find out as long as we keep it just between us. None of the guards, maids or anyone in the village can know. Just us, Mike, Amity, the suitor and his parents", my mom replied. 

"You really want to do this?", my dad asked. 

I gave him a small nod and he gave me a small sigh. 

"What if this plan of yours doesn't work?", he asked. 

"Then we just deal with the consequences", I replied. 

"Well then, looks like we have a plan. Now go get ready for bed Melissa, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow".

I'm so sorry if the book feels a bit rushed but school starts in like twelve days and I'm usually pretty busy after school so updating would be so stressful. But I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far!