☼Chapter 13 [[ THE TRUTH ]]

Start from the beginning

"OR WILL THE CHEETAHS REMAIN CHAMPIONS FOR ANOTHER YEAR?"

"Yeah!" I heard myself scream along with my friends who were at the same time pumping their fists in the air.

"WELL THEN LET'S GET THIS GAME STARTED!"

The crowd then went wild as the parade started with Ches and The Badger Mascot in front, then followed by the players.

I had to extend my neck just to see where Ethan was, and then I finally saw him shaking hands with the other school's team captain. The next thing I knew, the ball was already flying in the air and to the hands of a player.

The crowd was already on their feet, screaming and shouting and just making noises. I wonder if they ever thought that they're probably just wasting their voices for nothing because really, no matter how loud they shout that wouldn't make a difference whether their team wins or not.

~

I made my way through the hallways towards the girl's restroom. Students were congratulating each other because this year, Haven Bell High is still the champion. It was so surreal during that last quarter at the last moment when both teams were tied 15 to 15. Hayley was right, the Rosenhigh Honey badgers did get better since our last game with them last year.

I remembered that precious moment as I watched Ethan Gray run across the field, dodging the opponent until he was able to succeed in bringing home the winning touchdown.

That moment was definitely infinite as the whole Haven Bell crowd stood from their seats and cheered to the top of their lungs. It was Ethan's moment indeed, Ches even back flipped his way through the field just to be able to carry Ethan in his furry shoulders.

Ethan must have spotted us because he gave a thumbs up in our direction and pride swelled up inside me because well, this year's football star player was also now my new 'ice cream buddy'.

Now I think I owe him one for bringing home the bacon. 

                      "Congratulations fellow Cheetah!" A tall guy with gold face paint said as he tottered at my direction and threw confetti in my hair.

"Err-yeah, Congratulations to you too," I said as pulled a red confetti from my hair.

I was already at the door to the restroom, still trying to get all those confetti from my hair when I stopped in my tracks.

"I didn't know Asia and Aiden were finally back together," I heard a high-pitched voice say from inside the restroom. I don't normally do eavesdropping but this was definitely not a normal thing.

Were my ears deceiving me or did I just hear someone talking about me and Aiden?

"We're not really that sure yet girl,but one of my girls saw them having a date at the cafe a while ago" another voice answered.

Date? Me and Aiden going out on a date?

"I wonder why they even broke up in the first place," the first voice spoke. She even sounded annoyed or irritated.

I felt my heart beat pick up speed at the words I was just hearing. How on Earth did I broke up with Aiden when we never even started a relationship in the first place?

"It's still a mystery to this school yeah? One summer they were happy and together and then the next thing we knew it was as if Asia Cassidy didn't even know Aiden Walker," the second voice replied.

Now they're saying that I had a relationship with Aiden last summer. That would be impossible. All my friends knew that I've been recovering from an accident during that time.