'Just do it you wuss!' I mentally yelled at myself, hoping I'd grow some balls and just do it.

"Maka," I called out, tapping on the door with my fist a few times.

There was no reply. I tried again and still nothing. Getting slightly agitated, I said I was just coming in and opened the door.

Maka was curled up on her bed, facing away from the door, towards the wall. I couldn't tell if she was asleep or not so I stood over her and pushed her fringe out of her face.

"Go away Soul," she muttered, hugging the pillow she had next to her tighter.

"I'm sorry," I blurted out, sitting on the bed next to her.

Maka sighed and rubbed a hand along her cheek. I only now noticed the wet lines running down each cheek from her beautiful eyes.

I had made her cry. I was such an ass.

Maka slowly sat up next to me and placed the pillow off to the side. She brought her knees close to her chest and leaned her head on them.

"I don't think your weak Maka..." I mumbled "I just don't want you getting hurt again."

Maka turned to look at me, her eyes glazing over again with fresh tears.

"I'm sorry too," she murmured, averting her gaze and staring at the quilt on the bed.

Before I could back out of it, I wrapped both of my arms around her and brought her closer to my body. I never wanted to see her cry again.

=Maka's P.O.V=

After Soul had come into my room, I wasn't sure what to do. To send him away or apologise for blowing my fuse at him? I was still worried about the fact that we wouldn't work out because we fought too much.

I didn't want our soul resonance to be ruined. I needed Soul in my life. As my partner. He apologised to me, telling me that he was only concerned about my well being.

All the anger I had stored up at him for thinking he presumed I was weak fell away. My stomach twisted when I looked into his dark red eyes and saw how sincere he was.

I glanced downwards before I started crying again and tried to concentrate on the blankets on my bed. Much to my utter surprise, Soul had pulled me against his body, his arms tightly around my back.

"Im sorry too," I choked out, biting the inside of my cheek to stop from sobbing.

A wave of relief washed over me when no tears fell down my face. I brought my arms around Soul's waist and buried my face in his shoulder.

Soul pulled away slightly and moved some more hair off of my face. He tucked a bit of it behind my ear before smiling his crooked kind of grin. The grin that could have me forgetting about everything in seconds.

I smiled back at him and wondered why he had even stuck around with me. How could he possibly like someone like me? It confused me to no end.

I was a violent bookworm who did nothing but hit him. I was flat chested and my clothes were slightly on the boyish side, minus the skirt. I was such a good girl compared to Soul.

He was cool. Didn't care what people thought about him. Honestly, I wanted to be like that. Not worrying about everything. Not trying to perfect even the smallest of things.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when I realised Soul's lips were on mine. My eyes widened before I closed them and melted into his touch.

His hands around my back tightened as I threaded my own into his white hair.