Chapter Five

A/N: Last one guys. I hope you like it and well, I'm sorry for the random length of chapters...

...........................................................................................

That’s what we did. We ignored her completely. It would not be the first and surely wouldn’t be the last time someone made us feel uncomfortable, but that’s how things were in life, not just for us who were more on the public eye than most people, but it happened to anyone, really. Chris moved on to see some other type of snake but I headed to his right to see the lizards.  As I stood there, admiring the animal’s peculiar colour, I couldn’t shake the weird sensation that I perceived.

I felt as if I was being watched, I knew she was in the room and she had flirted with me just a few hours ago, but still,  it felt somewhat odd. I would be lying if I said I did not find this a bit flattering, a tiny bit of me did; however, it was still weird because she was weird and because it made me- and Chris- uncomfortable.  I shrugged and kept watching the lizards until my attention was suddenly diverted.

Something that curiously felt like a hand, slightly brushed against my backside, I immediately thought it had been Chris, he was known already for his furtive touches, but when I turned my head around, he was a few feet across the room, reading the description of the animals’ way of living and there wasn’t any trace of concealed naughtiness on his face, he was really concentrated on the words in front of him.

I turned to the other side and I caught her smile, pleased, suggestive…I sharply looked down, feeling a bit embarrassed. Could it be? Nah…I mean…I knew some girls were so boldly vulgar when drunk, but this was not a bar and she certainly did not look drunk, but well, she had already proven not to be shy so, even though I had no actual proof, I thought it had been her. What the hell was wrong with her? Did she really think it would work? If anything, I respected her even less after this. I decidedly walked across the room and joined Chris.

He turned his head and gave me a smile, but it immediately was replaced with a frown, “What’s wrong?”

Damn, he could read me like a book, couldn’t he? Well, it wasn’t a bad thing, I decided it was best to be open with him, he was my …boyfriend? Well, I thought of him as my boyfriend or partner, he was definitely not just my friend, I was reminded we still needed to decide on a proper name for our relationship.

“What’s wrong?” he repeated bringing me back to the present.

“Well, It’s that woman again,” I said.

He discretely looked behind me, “What has she done this time?”

“I’m not entirely sure, but…,” I hesitated, should I really tell him? I had no actual proof it had been her, maybe it was her bag or something.

“What, Jay?”

“Well, I was looking at those lizards over there and then I felt something touched me…in the back, I mean, my behind…”

His eyes narrowed, “Go on.”

“I turned around thinking it might be you, but you were here and then I saw her looking at me with a sort of flirty look and she smiled, I think…I think it was her,” I explained.

“She touched you????”

“Shhh.”

“What a hoe!” Chris exclaimed.

“Shhh,” I uttered embarrassed. “I’m not sure, I mean…I…felt something, might have been her bag…”

“I don’t know if you are too nice or clearly in denial…or if you enjoyed it…”