This is where it Started

It had been 10 years. I was 15, he was 16.

Ever since the day I saw Prince Brad we've been best friends, and meeting in secret.  I tell him every thing and vice versa.

"So, wanna help me with my homework" I ask sarcastically, rolling my eyes with a smirk.

He was in a way better school then me, so he knew more, than I ever would.

"Hand me your homework lazy." He scoffed in a playful matter. Taking the paper you'd been staring at for half an hour.

He laughed.
"This is easy. What's got you so...what the word, distracted?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nothing...it's just, there's a huge Ball soon, and...you know...your mother has been speaking of this princess..."
You regretted your words. Letting out the little jealousy you had over the Prince.

"Someone's jealous? Don't worry. My heart belongs to you. Those mere nights, walks and days spent with you, I'm sure you should know as well. And plus, the Queen only says that to scare you. I'm sure of it." He smiled, as blush dusted your cheeks.

You brought you close as he planted a soft kiss to your forehead.
It brought years upon years of memories. That made your smile more than before.

"You always know what to say.." you voice was soft as you two sat on a sofa, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"Well. Depends on who I'm with..." He chuckled and brought you closer.
"I love you...don't forget that.." he voice as well was soft. Full of love, kindness and respect for the one he was talking to.

"I won't." You smiled. Looking up towards the Prince himself, and kissing his lips gradually.

Before, being rudely abrupted by Queen Laura.
"I expect for a peasant to be cleaning the kitchen. Get too it. I don't want you near my son. I'm rearranging his marriage for Princess Rosa. She could help you. I'm sure you'll love her more than..." Her voice trailed off as she muttered some, awful things.

"Her." She finished.
She gave a cold glare, and began walking off.

You held in a laugh at your thought.
"What?" He asked. Turning his bright red face towards you.

"How are you two related? I mean, I see the looks...but the attitude!" You exclaimed.

He shrugged.
"I must get my attitude from my father.." he hated the subject of his parents. It seemed to be a touchy subject.