Chapter Two

Luke James

"Sydney and Reece sure did grow up to be some beautiful looking people. I remember when they were my students and Sydney had buck teeth and glasses...

Me and my mama was in the car on our way to Oceana Grill so we can meet up with my girl Jessie. But my mama was going on and on about my neighbor so I just decided to tone her out the rest of the ride.

"Ma please try to be nice to Jess, I really love her." I begged my mama before getting out and opening her door.

"Mh." Was all my mama mumbled before walking past me and into the restaurant.

My mama never really liked jess so I said a quick prayer before we went inside and got seated. We ordered and since Jess was running a bit late I ordered for her too.

"How this girl gonna invite us out to eat but she late." My mama complained.

"Ma chill she just busy with work." I took up for Jess

"Mhm you need to watch out." My mama warned but I didn't pay her no mind.

Just as out food was coming out Jessie walked in.

"Hey baby." I said getting up and kissing her cheek before pulling her chair back for her.

"Hey babe, hey Luke's mama." Jess said with a slight wave and fixing her sunglasses

"Mh." My mama mumbled as she took a sip of her drink.

I sat back down and we ate our food in silence. The only noise you could hear from our table was Jess phone going off.

"Mind cutting that off." My mama said clearly irritated.

"Its not bothering nobody." Jess said rudely but I'm pretty sure she didn't mean it.

"Babe can you please just cut it down or better yet off?" I asked

"Fine." She said rolling her eyes but did as told.

"So you still unemployed?" My mama asked jess

"Nope I'm self employed." Jess said without looking up from her phone.

"What you selling your body?" My mama asked

"Ma." I said warning her to calm it down

"No luke don't stop her cause her old ass obviously got a problem with me." Jess said finally taking her attention off of her phone.

"Yes I do have a problem with you. The fact that your hoe ass is cheating on my son and gonna have the nerve to text him while we at the table." My mama snapped

"What?" I asked

"Nothing your mama need her damn meds." Jess said locking her phone and setting it down.

"Nah you need to take them glasses off maybe I wouldn't be able to read your messages, luke see for yourself." My mama told me.

Without saying anything I reached over and grabbed Jess phone. She started reaching for it which made me think is she really cheating on me. I got up and went into the mens bathroom with her phone still in my hand. She chased after me but didn't go into the bathroom. I unlocked her phone but it took a moment because she changer her password. I went through her contacts and saw that 'Pizza Place❤😍' was called twenty three times today, don't nobody love pizza that damn much. I was about to call the number but a instagram notification came through that caught my attention. It was a Dm from one of my close friends Kofi. I clicked on the message and all their messages popped up.