Eventful Morning

Chanhee POV(few min before y/n walked downstairs)

"Eomma, do I have to wear this everytime I cook?" Chanhee said, holding up the lacy yellow apron Ms. Kang was forcing him to wear. Ms. Kang sighed then looked at him, pouting. "Don't make me say it again, Chanhee. You are wearing this if you are doing anything with food in the kitchen. I don't want you to stain any more clothes, plus, you know it makes me happy." Defeated, Chanhee reluctantly put on the apron, and it was hard to ignore the itchy lace. He was making breakfast for himself and y/n, since Ms. Kang had to go to work early. 'Hopefully,' Chanhee thought, 'y/n won't wake up until I'm done.'

~Timeskip to when y/n walks in~
Chanhee was almost done with the rice and little fruit cakes when he heard a slight noise. He froze in place, but he didn't hear the sound again. He went back to finishing the meal. He froze as he heard a familiar say, "Chanhee? Is that you?"

Y/N POV

You walked into the kitchen after hearing some noises. You tiptoed into the kitchen and froze at what you saw. There at the counter was someone with black hair in a lacy yellow apron. The hair was too short to be Ms. Kang's. The person turned a bit, and you saw that it was Chanhee. "Chanhee? Are you wearing a lacy apron?" you asked, still in a bit of shock. "No..." he replied, ripping the apron off and tossing it away, acting like nothing happened. You couldn't help but laugh a bit. You couldn't believe that you just saw Chanhee, who was supposedly the scariest guy in school, wearing an apron that made him look like Little Bo Peep. That reminded you of something you guys had said over text. He said he'd tell you why he was the most feared guy in school  But he probably wouldn't tell you in this situation. When you stopped giggling, you frowned as you smelled something...burning? "Chanhee, is there something burning?" you asked, walking farther into the kitchen. Chanhee tilted his head, and he started shaking his head before his eyes went wide and he threw open the oven. A thick cloud of black smoke came rolling out of the oven. Chanhee put hot pads on his hands and got whatever it was out of the oven. It smelled awful, and the thick smoke made you cough. The smoke was spreading throughout the kitchen, causing the smoke alarms to go off. Chanhee set whatever was burnt on top of the stove and ran out of the kitchen. He returned seconds later with a fire extinguisher and sprayed it in the oven, black smoke still spilling out. "Y/n! The windows!" He yelled, and you ran to the windows and opened them to let all the smoke out. After a few moments, the smoke was mostly gone and Chanhee turned off the alarms. He walked over to you, his head lowered a bit and he didn't look at you. He mumbled an apology and you could tell he was quite a bit upset. "It's okay, Chanhee, it happens to all of us" you said, and a thought formed in your head. "I think I know why people are scared of you...you must've burned something" you said whilst smiling a bit, after all, you were joking. He looked up and smiled a little, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. He looked away and went back into the kitchen. "You should probably get ready for school," he said in a low voice. "I'll clean up in here. There's other food in the cupboard over there." The smile faded from your face. You were just trying to lighten the situation. Then you thought, 'What if he actually did burn something, and that's why people are scared of him? Aish, y/n you are a pabo.' You slowly walked back to your room and flopped down on the bed. The smell of smoke was pungent and had spread throughout the house, including your room. Chanhee's reaction to your small joke made you a bit upset. You were just curious as to why everyone was afraid of him. What was so scary about him anyways? From what you had seen he was just this quiet guy with a really nice mom whom he loved. His mom loved him as well, and she didn't seem afraid of him. So what was it? What did he do? You heard a knock on your door, and you sat up as the door opened, revealing Chanhee. He had an unreadable expression on his face as he went over to you and sat on the end of the bed. "There's something you should know..." he said. You sat up straight and looked at him, but just as he opened his mouth again to speak, an alarm on your phone went off. You had set it last night so you wouldn't be late for school. You turned it off and looked at Chanhee again. "I'll...tell you after school"  he said with his deep voice, and he got up and left. When you finished getting ready, you walked downstairs but you couldn't find Chanhee. 'He must've left already...' You thought before you grabbed some bread and headed off to school, taking the bus since you still didn't know how to get there. Once you arrived at school you walked around a bit so you could get more familiar with the building. When the first bell rang you went to class, immediately noticing that Chanhee wasn't in the room. It was still a bit early so you didn't really think about it that much, and you sat down in your seat up front. After a few minutes the teacher came in and class started, still with no sign of Chanhee. You sighed softly and tried to pay attention. 'What an eventful morning..'

~~~~~~~~~~
Hey it's me the author, if you noticed any style change in the chapter, it's because this beautiful person: http://my.w.tt/UiNb/xsNI2191hF wrote almost the entire chapter, and then I went through and changed it where I felt it should be changed, but you should really check her out!