"Dad-"

"Honey, I think you should go. I don't want you to see me like this."

"But Dad, I just-"

"Dammit Hermione, get out!" He smaller his hand on the table, knocking over an empty glass.

Hermione ran out of the house, confused; emotional. She slammed her car door shut and buckled herself in her seat. She sat for a moment, playing the events through her brain like a cinema movie. She put her head against the steering wheel and closed her eyes. 'He just needed time', she thought.

She walked up the stairs (the elevator was broken) and made it to her apartment. The green numbers on the door showed seventy-five. Hermione shoved the key into the hole aggressively and turned it, but it wouldn't budge. She kicked and pushed with all her might, but nothing came of it. She knew she'd been locked out. Of course. She thought of taking the key and jabbing it in her throat.

Once learning the dreadful news, she dragged herself back down the stairs; she cursed as she went along. She got into her car once again and drove to Ronald's house, as her father quite definitely was not an option.

She made it to Ron's house out of luck. Her eyesight had been blurred due to her eyes being glossed with tears.

She knocked impatiently at the door. She didn't care to look at her watch for the time.

"Dammit Ronald, open the door-"

The door swung open and revealed Lavender. Her face automatically screwed up at the sight of Hermione. Hermione's eyes rolled around in her head.

"Surprise." Hermione said in a sarcastically enthusiast voice and pushed her way into the house. "Ronald! Where are you?" She yelled around the house. Ron came tumbling through the hallways, tripping over his own large clown feet. His face showed loads of confusion.

"What-"

"I was locked out of my place. A-And I was wondering if..."

"Oh. Mione of course. You can stay as long as needed." He said, shaking his head; reassuring her of any negative outcomes. He was quick to wrap his arms around her and pull her in to a tight hug. "I'm sorry about your mum... and your apartment."
~
Hermione sat down on the grey couch with her glass of milk in her left hand. She sat silently, occasionally taking a sip of her drink.

"Mione, you should probably start getting ready for work."

Ah, yes. Although she'd almost lost it all, her boss was sympathetic enough to let Hermione keep her job. She was a receptionist at the ministry so it wasn't some big whoop to her. Hermione huffed and forced herself off of the couch. She dragged her body up the narrow hallway and opened the guest bedroom door, which had been hers for the past five months.

She quickly threw on some black trousers and a grey button up shirt. She pulled her mane – that some called hair – into a low bun. She eyed herself in the mirror and shrugged.

"Good enough." She mumbled and threw on some brown flats.

She stumbled through the hallway once again, grabbed her bag near the door, and opened the front door. Before stepping out, she took a look behind her to see Lavender straightening Ron's shirt collar. He kissed her cheek lovingly. She didn't know if she thought she'd were sweet or if she wanted to throw up in her mouth.