Life Starts Over Again in the Fall

Start from the beginning

Jordan's POV:

Stepping into Saks for me was like heaven on earth. The newest pieces of fashion from all corners of the earth all seemed to gather here. I made my way towards the racks, and picked up about five dresses at a time, and kindly gave them to Nick to hold for me. Before I knew it, Nick was completely showered with dresses and furs, and that was my cue to start trying things on.

Nick sat in a seat outside my fitting room. Most of the dressed I had tried on had past mine and his inspection. However, on dress was still left on the hanger. It was this dreamy, ivory, shift dress. It was fairly simple, it had lace detailing all over, with lace cap sleeves. On the mannequin, it was wearing a matching hat with the most lovely fur I had ever seen. I knew that I had to have it.

I put it on and miraculously it had fit. I put on the hat, matching gloves, shoes, and fur. I took a look in the mirror, and for the first time since my stomach had begun growing, I felt back to myself again. I was more than happy to be having a baby within the next few months, however, I was beginning to feel that my life was revolving around my baby, and not on myself anymore. It felt good to think about what I wanted for just a brief moment. Shaking me out of my thoughts, Nick called my name.

"Jordan, are you alright, darling?"

"Yes love, I am just fine."

I opened the door and his jaw dropped. For a moment, I couldn't tell if he liked, or hated what he saw.

Nick's POV:

The second she opened the door, she took my breath away. All the way from her perfect face, and all the way down to her perfect legs and feet. Only one word came to my mind when I saw her, and that was, perfection.

"Darling, you look absolutely gorgeous. I simply can't stop looking at you!"

"Oh, Nick! Stop, you're making me blush."

I smiled at her, and rose up from my seat and kissed her. I looked down at Jordan in my arms and said, "Love, I'm going to go pay for all of this, and you stay here and make sure you stay in this outfit. I have a plan."

Slightly confused, she agreed. If she only knew what I had in store.

My plan was to drive to Saint Patrick's Cathedral and make Jordan Elizabeth Baker my wife. Seeing her dressed all in ivory made me want to make our love for eachother official. Now was the time to marry the love of my life.

I picked out a tuxedo for myself quickly in the men's section, and then picked up two gold wedding bands for Jordan and I. I paid our bill adn changed, meeting Jordan by the front door of Saks.

Looking at my rather confused, "Nicky, what on earth are you doing?"

"You'll see darling, just be patient."

With our boxes and bags in tow, we put them in the car, and began our walk to the cathedral.

"Nick, where on earth are you taking me?"

I looked at Jordan and wrapped my arm around her waist and said, "Just wait and see."

About a block before we arrived at Saint Patrick's, I bought Jordan a bouquet of blush pink roses. I could sense that her curiosity was growing by the second, and I couldn't wait to see her reaction once we arrived.

Jordan's POV:

After a fifteen minute walk, I looked up and saw the very stately Saint Patrick's Cathedral. It took me a moment to process what was going on. Then it all came to me. I was in all white, carrying flowers, my fiancee right by my side wearing a tuxedo. I was getting married.

"Nicky, do you really mean it? Is today the day?"

"Darling, I can't wait another moment, I want ot make you my wife this instant."

With the biggest smile on my face, Nick took my arm, and together we went to find the priest, so we could finally become Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Carraway.

Finally, we found the priest, and before I knew it, Nick and I were placing gold wedding bands on our fingers, and saying "I do".

The priest finally said "With the power invested in me and the state of New York on November fourth, 1922, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Nick's eyes glistened at my tearful grey eyes, and placed a fleeting kiss upon my lips. I was now Mrs. Jordan Carraway.

We made our way down the aisle of the cathedral, and hand in hand, we made our way outside as a married couple.

While dwelling in our wedded bliss, I looked over at Nick holding the steering wheel with one hand, and holding mine in the other.

"Mr. Carraway, I love you."

Nick smiled at me, "Well, surely not as much as I love you, Mrs. Carraway."

He lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it. Life surely couldn't get better than this. I was now the woman who had it all, I was married to the love of my life, and we had a baby on the way. How did I get to be so lucky?

I started today off feeling down in the dumps, and only a few hours later, I was on top of the world. Our lives were starting over again, it's cool and crisp, and this is just a wonderful start to the beginning of our next chapter as husband and wife.