Nineteen Notes// Peter

Start from the beginning

Lying in one of the slots of my locker was a piece of paper.

"Ready to go?" Peter asked as he walked across the hall from his locker to mine, pulling on the straps to his backpack.

"There's another note." I mumbled, turning around to face him and leaning back against the open locker.

"Everyone I have cared for as either died or left me. Everyone fucking except for you. So don't tell me that I would be safer with someone else because the truth is that I'd just be more scared."

"Okay. So now, they managed to find out what my favorite video game was, favorite character from that game, and my favorite quote?" I questioned.

"Well, that one probably wasn't as hard as The Fifth Wave quote since you wear a firefly pendent almost everyday." He stated before once again closing my locker for me.

As I stood there probably over thinking the whole situation, Peter picked up my backpack and started walking towards the parking lot. "Come on. Don't want to miss the bus, do you?" He called over his shoulder.

I shook my head, pushing away my thoughts and slid the note into my pocket along with the one from this morning. I jogged to catch up with him along with trying to grab my backpack from his hand. The stubborn kid just kept switching it back and forth from both hands, not allowing me to carry it.

~~~~~

   So far I have gotten a total of seventeen notes. There were always two notes a day and they would show up at the same two times each day, the first one was always waiting for me right when I walked into school and the second one would make an appearance when I would go to my locker after last period.

   Every note had the same concept. A quote or detail from one of my favorite books, video games, or TV shows.

    I read every note every day when I get home from school, along with the two new notes from that day. Every new note just proves how much this person knows about me.

    The other fifteen notes were:

   "I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

"Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up."

"Two things you should know about me,
one: i'm a pieces.
two: i've never hurt an innocent person in my life, and that's still true."

"Yeah, you see eleven condoms; I see eleven minutes of my life I'm never getting back."

"And it was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time."

"Ooh, sleepover! Can- can we order pizza?"

   "Yesterday was Tuesday, right? But today is Tuesday, too!"

   "Y'all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die."

   "Here's the thing, kid: We don't get to choose how we start this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand your dealt."

   "My social life consists of running at super human speed and Netflix."

   "Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when it's morning again, they'll wash away
Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you."

"Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS."

"Dear Diary: Today will be different. It has to be. I will smile and it will be believable. My smile will say, 'I'm fine. Thank you. Yes. Much better.' I will no longer be the girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh. Be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through."

"Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something."

"Max Caulfield... Don't you forget about me."

Every three notes had the same exact pattern. A book, a video game, and then a TV show, then repeat. A total of seventeen notes, six quotes from six different books, six quotes from six different video games, and five quotes from five different TV shows.

I repeatedly tapped the tip of my pen against my notebook, thinking about what show the next note might quote, when I realize I was tapping my notebook with the wrong tip of the pen. My algebra homework now covered in little blue specks instead of blue corrections.

These notes were starting to get out of hand. Even though, I'm so in love with the idea of getting these notes and the thought of someone putting all this thought and effort into it was still distracting me from my classes.

"Lost in thought, huh?" Peter asked as he leaned on his arms on top of his desk as our teacher continued to be oblivious to the fact that no one was writing down her notes.

"More like stuck in thought,"
I sighed. "I love getting and reading these notes in my locker everyday, but they're all I can think about. I almost handed in my Chemistry homework in instead Spanish homework a few periods ago. And believe me there is quite a difference between the two that no one could mix up."

Peter chuckled at me and continued to copy the notes off the board, "do you want them to stop?"

I shrugged my shoulders and started to copy the rest of the notes as well. "Like I said, I am loving the thought of this, but whoever is doing it needs to tell me, or I'm going to lose my mind."

The 12th period bell had rung and everyone was quickly packing up their belongings and leaving, as did I. I packed up more quickly than usual and left Peter in the classroom cleaning up his books as I started to walk to my locker, which was just down the corridor.

15-24-36. I mumbled for the last time this week since it was Friday. Opening the door to find the usual note stick out from the top slot, I put the correct books into and out of my locker before reading it.

Written on the eighteenth note was:

"I don't believe that intelligence can be accurately quantified, but I do have an IQ of 187, an eidetic memory, and can read 2,000 words per minute...

Yes, I'm a genius."

I chuckled to myself. Dr. Spencer Reid sure is something else.

I slipped the note into my back pocket as Peter walked up to me. "He quoted Reid now." Peter just stood there as I continued packing up, he didn't lean against the locker or make jokes like he usually does. "Hey you okay-"

Peter was standing there, in front of me, holding a piece of paper, folded and crinkled like the rest of my notes.

"i liKe yOu."

Nineteen notes, seven books, six video games, six TV shows, and one admirer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hoped you all liked the short/ small kind of update. A better one will be coming out soon, but while you guys wait, find your people under the quotes ❤️

Love you all