Lady Ottilie

Book Title: Lady Ottilie Genre: Historical Fiction, RomanceStatus: OngoingBook Author: tealsamaBook Trailer Creator: tealsama

Book Title: Lady Ottilie Genre: Historical Fiction, RomanceStatus: OngoingBook Author:  tealsamaBook Trailer Creator: tealsama

Book Summary:
"Who do you think you are?" He growled, his deathly stare menacing. Or so he thought, for the blasted chit smirked at him. Yes; positively smirked at the Dastardly Duke of Abingdon, of all people! How dare she?With her eyes shining with mischief, she answered the vexed Duke, "I am Lady Ottilie." ***When Lady Ottilie Branston, a bankrupt Earl's daughter, heard the latest gossip about herself of how the ton fashioned her waddle, commented on her 'panting' and christened her a fat harlot, she could not possibly bear anymore. Alas, Almighty God had His wonderful ways when the one man she truly and dearly loved was engaged to the beautiful and delicate Lilly Havesham. She was doomed in the same fate of Spinsterhood as her eccentric Aunts! Lo and Behold!As if by a twist of fate, the very poor Lady Ottilie becomes the suo jure Duchess of Marlbridge. Huzzah! That's spiffing news! At last a strong, independent woman, who does not need a man-But Alas! She has 30 days to find a suitable match as a husband, or her title; extinct! And where better to start looking than at her new neighbour, the Dastardly Duke of Abingdon? *** Jack Silas was an enigma to many. What with being a recluse rich Duke, (and an architect) content with his solitary life, with no intention to ever marry, to many mama's dismay. So, what happens when Lady Ottilie, who is larger than life, comes knocking on his barred doors with a proposition he cannot refuse? Does he shut her out like the rest of the ton? Or worse, have his cold hard walls come crumbling down?