PROLOGUE.

" NATASHA ! slow the hell down! " natasha's older brother jamie yelled after her

" NATASHA ! slow the hell down! " natasha's older brother jamie yelled after her. though, natasha could barely hear him due to the sound of the wind in her ears. her bike was rolling through the woods of derry faster than it ever had before. suddenly she felt her bike come to a sharp stop as she fell forward in her seat, her nose hitting the handles of her bike. natasha's hand slowly went up to her nose to feel the blood as her brother finally caught up to her. "don't ever do that again." jamie scolded, but natasha wasn't listening. instead she was looking at something that was lurking underneath the pile of leaves that sat next to her bike. she swore she could see the face of a clown. "jamie?" she interrupted her brother in the middle of his lecture on safety. "what?" he sighed, already ticked off. "do you see the clown right there?" she pointed at the pile of leaves. but when her brother had turned around, the clown was gone. natasha could tell that jamie was pretending he hadn't seen it, but to this day, natasha will never forget the expression of sheer horror her brother wore when she had asked a seemingly harmless question.