Two New Diaries

Princess Sofia loved her magical amulet very much, and it meant a lot to her. There was something that meant to her just as much: her diary. Her stepaunt Tilly gave her and Amber each a diary long ago. At first, Amber didn't know what to write in her diary. When she saw that Sofia had filled a lot of pages in hers, Amber read Sofia's diary and was pretty jealous of her crush on her best friend, Prince Hugo. But after freaking him and Prince Desmond out, Amber learned her lesson about respecting other people's privacy.

Sofia was outside playing with Hugo went a carriage came flying down. They both recognized this coach very well.

"That must be Aunt Tilly," Sofia smiled. She was right—Aunt Tilly came down from the coach, carrying a wooden box.

"Sofia dear!" Aunt Tilly beamed. She hugged her stepniece tightly. She saw Hugo and remembered when they first met, she had mistaken him for Sofia's stepbrother James. She just couldn't resist playing with Hugo that way. "James, not again!" she joked. "What did you do?"

Remembering how Aunt Tilly mistook him for James when they first met, Hugo couldn't help giggling. "Uh, Miss Tilly," he tried to say.

"Oh, my goodness!" Aunt Tilly cried jokingly. "What did you do to your voice? Did you put a magic spell on yourself? Sofia, what happened to your brother?"

"That's not James, Aunt Tilly—that's Prince Hugo," Sofia giggled.

Aunt Tilly looked carefully at Hugo and playfully exclaimed, "So he is! I'm sorry, boy. What is wrong with me today?"

Sofia and Hugo started laughing. Sofia remembered when she first met her stepaunt, and Aunt Tilly mistook her for Amber. "What's in the box, Aunt Tilly?" she asked.

"Something for you and Amber," Aunt Tilly replied.

Sofia fetched Amber and took her into the parlor to see Aunt Tilly.

"I was just at the bookstore, and when I saw these, I just had to get them to give you," Aunt Tilly declared. She opened the box to show two journals—one yellow gold and yellow green and the other pink and purple. "I would've just sent these to you, but I thought it would be better if I gave them to you in person."

"Thank you, Aunt Tilly," Amber beamed.

"Thank you," Sofia smiled.

Amber and Sofia had already filled up their original diaries, and now they have brand new ones to write their adventures in. They each already knew what to write in their new diaries.

Later, Amber was in her room, writing in her new diary. Suddenly, there was a knock on her bedroom door. "Enter," she called.

Amber's best friends, Princesses Hildegard and Clio, came in. "Amber, you won't believe what we just got," Hildegard beamed.

"You won't believe what I got too," Amber grinned.

All three girls exclaimed in unison, "I got a new diary!"

"You too?" Amber asked.

"Yes, after I filled up my first one, I just had to get a new one," Hildegard declared. Her diary was turquoise green with a gold border.

"My mom decided I needed a new one after I filled my original," Clio claimed. Her new diary was ruby red with a dark magenta design.

"Well, Sofia and I each got a new diary from Aunt Tilly," Amber revealed.

"Knowing how much she wrote in her original diary, she's probably writing away in her new one already," Hildegard surmised.

"I'll never understand what goes on in her head," Amber declared.