Things You Tend Not To See Coming

Ella

"I'm not a child, Clint," Ella snapped, crossing her arms and turning away from the spy.

"It's a long trip, Ella," he said, stretching his hand out more so she could grab the tablet. "We just downloaded 'The Incredibles'."

Ella looked over at the tablet he held out of the corner of her eye. She really loved that movie.

"How'd you know I like that movie?" She asked, snatching it from him.

"You tell us at least once a day," Steve interjected from the front of the plane.

"I do not," she protested.

"Maybe not outright," Natasha added, "But you manage to throw in a quote in any normal situation."

Ella's face burned.

"How long is the trip anyway?" She asked, trying to change the subject from herself.

"A very long time. Watch your movie, Kiddo," Tony said, sitting across from her. She plugged her headphones into the tablet and started the movie.

"I do love this movie," she mumbled.

By the end, she was sharing the headphones with Bruce.

"How have you never seen this movie before?" She asked him. Bruce shook his head.

"I have no idea. That was amazing."

"Best thing Pixar has ever created," she said with a sigh. She leaned her head back, but seconds later, a realization hit her like a moving train. "I'm Mr. Incredible."

Bruce turned to look at her with a quizzical gaze.

"What?"

"I'm Mr. Incredible. I always thought I'd be more like Dash or Violet or Jack Jack, but I'm Mr. Freaking Incredible."

Two minutes later, Ella was passed out, head leaning on Bruce's shoulder.

"Is this really a good idea?" Natasha asked, watching her young face shake with the turbulence of the quinjet. "She's too young."

"She's strong enough for this," Steve said, not watching her. He had seen soldiers younger than her die on the front lines in World War II, but he agreed with Natasha, even if he wouldn't say it. They needed every helping had they could get. And she was ever so willing.

"If she wants to fight," Tony agreed, "She should be able to fight."

"I know, but if she dies today, I'm not the one going to Scotland to tell her parents that we killed their 21-year-old daughter." Natasha fell silent, turning her face away from Ella. Bruce looked down at the girl asleep on his shoulder.

"She's Mr. Incredible," he said aloud, causing Natasha to look at him. "She can do anything."

"Snow?" Ella growled to herself. "Why is there snow?"

"I told you to be dressed for the cold," Clint said, stomping off the quinjet after her and crunching the white snow beneath his feet. She glared at him.