Hope

When I was 13, I began to wake to a burning in my joints. The burning progressively got worse as time went on. Not before too long, I couldn't wake without screaming because my joints ached so terribly. I went to the hospital one morning in the summer because I experienced a black out from the severe pain.

After being in the hospital having my blood checked over and over again, along with scans, and let's not forget about X-Rays. I was misdiagnosed with a critical case of Juvenile Arthritis. The physician told me I had one year until I would lose my vision and five until I would be proclaimed dead.

The actuality of it didn't set in until I had left the hospital a few days later. I was an absolute mess. I wouldn't sleep for days on end because I didn't want to wake up and feel that kind of torture again.

A few months later we went to another hospital to seek treatment, but what the doctor told us after a few tests were taken, was that I didn't have Juvenile Arthritis. I was shocked. A doctor had told me my life would end before it began, and now I was being told that the disease that would kill me, didn't exist in my system.

While on the treatment that was appointed for my joints, I sensed hope because the pain in my bones was beginning to diminish. Now even though I wake up undergoing pain every morning I still continue to perform in my local theater, dancing and singing the stage off.