|°Chapter One°|

Start from the beginning

His smirk falls.

Bet he didn't think of that.

"Enough! One week of Detention! The whole class!"

I hate when teachers punish the whole class for other students'  dumbness.

I don't need this shit in my life.

°°°
I'm in the lunch line at school, waiting for my friend, Nina.

I feel a presence behind me. "Nina, you're over exaggerating. The school lunches don't completely suck."

"I'll ditch this crap to eat you any day, Mama."

Scrunching my nose in disgust, I turn to see Connor.

"Connor, I don't have time for you. I'm so angry at Dylan. He made the whole homeroom get a week of Detention, and I can't miss more than three Volleyball practices."

I bite on my lip.

Nina comes near me.

Practically wearing a cloud of perfume...Hmm.

"Thank God, you're here. Did you think ditching me is funny?" I try to sound as mad as I could, but I can't.

"Dylan-Dog is looking again, but this time he's drooling." She laughs, trying to change the subject, and almost gets away with it.

Nina and I burst out laughing.

"Come here, I missed you," I give her a tight hug. We're both 5'5, so it's not a problem.

The whole time, Connor is standing here awkwardly.

"You're dismissed," Nina says.

He rolls his eyes and walks away.

We walk over to our table and see our friends Maddie, Jayson, Peter, Selena, and Rihanna.

I sit next to Jayson.

He's on the soccer team and baseball team.

Lord knows how he does it with all that running.

"So how is your day so far?" I ask him.

Nina sends me a wink and mouths: get it.

I raise an eyebrow at her.

Get what? 'Get' started on a conversation with my friend?

"It was pretty good, besides getting Detentions. I might not get a good spot on the soccer team," Jay munches on his pizza.

"I understand what you mean. I don't think our coaches will let us miss more than three practices in one week," I reply.

Jason and I are good friends. He's also in my Homeroom.

"Hey Hailey," I turn around and see Calum, the guy I danced with at the party. He's scratching his neck with a light blush on his face.

"Hey Calum?"

Fuck! I did not know he goes to this school.

"So you go to this school now?" I ask.

"Yeah. I just transferred. My cousin goes here. Listen, can I talk to you alone?"

"Um..." I look over to Nina.

She nods her head. Then she holds up a circle with her right pointer and thumb. (👌)

Then slides her left index finger in and out with her left hand. (👉👌)

Oh my gosh. She's too much.

I turn back to Calum. "Sure."

He takes my hand and leads me out of the cafeteria, and into a janitor's closet.