Ch 3. Longing for Love Lost

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Right." The crowned prince frowned, gripping the arrow in his hand, hoping it is not who he thinks it is.

"Do you have a candidate in mind?" Minhai was curious knowing the insides of the palace is full of dishonesty, turmoil and cruelty. Its a dog eat dog world where people fight for power and desire.

Crown prince hands the arrow over to Minhai, "Investigate where this arrow was made and who made it. I hope the perpetrator is not ho I think it is." He sighed heavily. 

"Is it seventh pri-"

Zexian (Crown prince) did not want Minhai to get in trouble by accusing a person without evidence, "The troubles that befalls someone when accusing, especially royalty, is serious punishment. We need proof, but what you're thinking is what I am also worried about."

Minhai understands and nodded, "I'll take my leave."

Zexian nodded and took in a deep breath before entering the bedroom. The maid immediately greeted him, but he put a finger to his lips and dismissed them out. The servants quickly took their out and allowed the prince to accompany his princess.

Zexian slowly made his way over to the flattened bed and sat beside her. He grabbed her cold hands, now warmed by his and placed it to his cheek, whispering words of love and poems that she adored,

"When Autumn's Golden wind embraces dew jade, all the love scenes on earth, however many, fade. Their tender love flows like a stream, their happy date seems but a dream..." Even though their marriage was made by the Imperial edict, high above, even though he didn't know her quite well. He could feel the love she has given him these couple years. She was always quietly watching him from afar, bringing him foods of thought, political resolutions and tending to his every needs when he is most stressed. Every citizen in the Ming state believed that they were a match made in heaven; a celestial princess and the Heaven's child. This was the absolute joy of the world, everyone believed that, hand in hand, the couple could bring endless peace to the country. 

Zexian holding her hand softly in his and the other tucking in a piece of black hair behind her ear, "The other night you begged me to let us get married so you can fulfill your one last wish. Now that we are married for barely 2 sunsets, you are injured. Did I make the right decision that night to agree? Is what I'm bringing you only pain and bloodshed?" He closes his eyes, questions colluding his mind. 

-------------------------------------

After being in a coma for 2 whole days, Scarlet finally opened her eyes. She felt an aching sore on her left shoulder she tried to sit up. 

"Your royal highness." A maid in a sleek blue dress comes running up to her. 

Scarlet raised an eyebrow, "Who are you? Why are you wearing such weird clothing?" She had soo many questions, "Wher-ah!" Her shoulder was in pain when she tried to position herself back on the bed,

"Did you forget me? I'm Lingli, your personal maid servant. I followed you to the palace after marriage."

Scarlet snorts, "Marriage? Oh puh-lease! I haven't even found a suitable man, how can I get married. Plus, what maid servant and palace? You've gone crazy." she wiggles her hand so the girl name Lingli can come closer,

Scarlet places a palm to her forehead feeling her temperature then to her own head. "You're not sick and neither am I." 

Lingli places her pale hand over her pink lips in shock, "Have you hit your head somewhere? Oh no, I must call the physician!"

"Wait!" Scarlet tried to stand up while holding her injury, "Tell the doctor to give me a bit more painkiller. This wound is unbearable, its like someone had stabbed me several times."