Visions: Hylian Edition

Start from the beginning

Link would spent late nights, hunched over in the hidden study that belonged to the Last King of Hyrule. He would be reading some proposed laws, trying to figure out solutions to problems that happened across the Kingdom, and helping plan the wedding (the wedding stuff he always saved for last so he could fall asleep with a smile on his face). He was running on approximately two hours of sleep, sometimes less, a night. Not that he really cared. While saving Hyrule he hardly ever slept. But the lack of sleep was adding to his already growing stress.

Link, thankfully, had a solution to this.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice." Link signed with a smile as Paya helped her grandmother out of the Royal Carriage. "I hope I didn't pull you out of anything important."

"Important? Nothing is more important than helping you run a kingdom, my dear." Impa hugged Link warmly and they all walked up the path into the castle. "Besides, Paya had a letter to deliver you from the Zora Prince."

"Ah, y-yes." Paya dug through a bag she had slung over her shoulder and pulled out an envelope with Link's name on it. "Prince Sidon would also like for me to remind you to not stress yourself out in this time where nearly everyone requires your attention." Impa chuckled.

"He knows you all too well your highness." As they walked in Link explained just exactly what he needed Impa to help him with. With everything explained Impa shooed Link away and demanded he take advantage of his "day off". She wouldn't do this too often. Link smiled and thanked her once more, hugged both Impa and Paya, before he jogged off to his room.

Link had to admit, he was excited. For the first time in two and half months he had the freedom to do whatever he pleased! He quickly changed out of the itchy royal attire and into his more comfortable Champion's Tunic. He gathered his materials (really just his sword and shield AND the sword and shield Sidon had given to him) before he ran out the room. He had left the crown placed on his bed and most definitely didn't toss it on there when he was halfway down the hallway.

Where to go? Where to go? Link didn't know. He ran through the long castle hallways, dodging whoever came across his path. He was racking his brain trying to think of the perfect place to go when something caught his attention. Link stopped and stood still. He heard the faint sound of bells? No. It was something else, something different but it sounded so similar. What could it be?

He stayed silent and took a step closer to where he believed the sound was coming from. Yes. It was definitely something else. He knew what it was yet he couldn't place a finger on it.

A fairy flew up to him from around the corner. A dim golden light, different than a fairy's normal pink glow, was shining off of its round little body glowed directly in his face as it flew in little circles in front of him. Link was...confused to say in the least. Most of the time fairies would fly away if anyone go too close. Now this one was right in front of him. What could this mean?

The fairy flew forward and paused, going around in small circles again. Link hesitated before he took a step towards the creature once more. In response, the fairy flew forward again and waited. Oh. Now Link knew what this meant. He began walking towards the fairy and didn't stop. It seemed to be leading him somewhere, but where exactly? The creature flew into the deeper areas of the castle, confusing Link with every foot it flew. Eventually it paused at a door, flying in a lazy circle until Link caught up. He reached a hand out, the fairy reacted and flew straight through the door.

Link sighed and pushed the hair out of his face. He already had a feeling something...divine was afoot. He wondered what it could be. Maybe another one of his childhood memories? Maybe a Goddess statue was in there? Only one way to find out...