Temporary Answer To A Confusing Problem

It hasn't occurred to a great many in the kingdom that Link was still a child. They all thought of him as the Hero that saved Hyrule, as the King, as the hylian that knew no boundaries and would pick a fight with a Lynel or the Calamity again if he wanted to. No one really dwelled on the fact that he was mentally still a teenage boy. No one really thought about how he had spent 100 years asleep. No one thought of Link as a child which was why it was such a shock to both Teba and Kass when Link went to them for help. Romantic help.

Perhaps the most surprising part of the whole "romantic help" question was the part where Link mentioned Sidon to be the love interest. The two Rito cast each other rather confused looks. The King of Hyrule was having a romantic-related crisis involving the Prince of the Zoras. Neither Kass nor Teba knew how to react or respond in a situation like this.

"...so I don't understand what he meant." Link finished explaining, looking at both Ritos in front of him. "Do you think he meant it in a simple, platonic manner just to stop my self loathing or was he being serious?"

"Perhaps..." Kass begun uncertainly, glancing over to Teba and silently asking for help if he managed to muck up his answer, "it is best to consult the Goddesses. Farore would be the best chose considering your...connection to her." Teba rolled his eyes.

"No, listen, we don't know what to tell you in all honesty. In fact, we don't even know why you came to us with such a personal question."

"Because you're both fathers and the closest thing I have to a father." Oh. Oh Hylia why did Link have to say that. Teba and Kass' eyes widened slightly, a small wave of sadness washing over them.

"Well, we're both certainly very honored to be considered father figures to you, aren't we Teba?" The other nodded as Kass spoke. "And...I suppose we could...help in some way though we don't really know how to."

"I liked your idea, praying to Farore for advice." Teba grunted. He turned just a bit and pointed towards the set of long, winding stairs that led up and down the Rito Village. "Just go down to the Goddess statue we have and pray to your hearts content."

"No, if i'm going to do that i'm going to do it right. We can go to the Spring of Courage."

"But...the path up to the spring is a treacherous one." Kass chuckled nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I should know, I spent many days around that area avoiding monsters and lightning strikes. We will surely be fatally injured if not killed!" Link scoffed and waved the statement away.

"Kid, while I know you're fully capable of running up there and defeating every monster and managing to escape every strike of lightning, we are not. We are, sadly, much weaker than you in the lightning-proof department and I sure as hell cannot handle an entire horde of monsters surrounding me. I'm sure Kass can't either, an accordion and a good singing voice won't stop a Moblin from clubbing us down."

"It's true." Kass sighed. "I've attempted to pacify monsters with music before. Turns out it only makes them more hostile." Again, Link scoffed and waved the worry away. Instead of offering a very self-absorbed comment on how Link could "protect the two of them from anything", he instead reached around to open the small pouch he kept attached to the back of his belt. He reached inside and pulled out two objects (that really had no physical way to  fit in such the tiny pouch). One was a pair of Topaz earrings and the other was the famed Thunder Helm of the Gerudo. Both Rito looked at each other for a second before sighing, and each taking one object. Kass attacked the earrings to his scarf while Teba attempted to find a place for the helm (he ended up strapping it onto his thigh). By the time the two looked up Link had changed into the slightly terrifying Barbarian armor.