Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I remember sitting on my sofa back in Mullingar Ireland watching my best mate Niall Horan on X-Factor with my mum and dad. 

He walked up to stage with his signature blond hair bouncing as he walked. The back track for "So Sick," by Ne-Yo started playing and he sang his heart out.

Not to far into the song Simon Cowell raised his hand and my family and I could just see Niall's face drop and fill with worry.

"I think you adorable and you have corisma, but I just think that maybe you should work on it. I mean your only 16, I started out when I was 15 and didn't make it until I was 23." Katy Perry started off.

"I think your unprepared, I think you came with the wrong song, your not as good as you thought you were. Umm.. but I still like you." Simon Cowell said which got he crowd cheering behind him.

"Yea, your obviously adorable you've got a lot of charm for a 16 year old, but ehh.. the song is to big for you babe." Cheryl one of the other judges explained.

"Niall, I think you've got something that people would absolutely like you cause your likable." said Louis.

"What'd you say" Simon asked with a smirk lacing his voice.

"I think people would like him because he's likable, not because he's Irish."

"No people will like him because he's likable," Simon said while he nearly started laughing.

"Oh shut-up." Louis finally said after Simons smart-allic remark.

"Simon yes or no,"

"Well I'm gonna say yes"

"Cheryl yes or no?"

"I'm gonna say no"

"I'm gonna say yes" says Louis

"Can I just say that I agree with Cheryl, that you do need more strength, and by the way just if your likable, likable is not going to sell records its talent, and you have a seed of it..." katy pauses and hesitates, "of course your in. Don't let us down!"

My parents and I all jumped off the couch and started hugging each other while jumping up and down. What can I say we love Niall like family. I remember calling Niall almost immediately after he performed and congratulated him and told him how we were rooting for him back in Mullingar.

As the competition went on me and Niall grew more distant. He would only call on occasions and way less frequently than in the beginning of the season, but I still rooted for him every second of the way whether he knew it or not.

After the show was finally over, Niall was in a group called One Direction with four other boys, Louis, Harry, Liam, and Zayn supported by the very famous Simon Cowell. Since then I never see Niall anymore and I doubt he even remembers me.

Today its December 1st and its my 20th birthday. I am currently on a plane riding back from the UK to visit my mum and dad for my birthday. 

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen," said the over happy flight attendants voice," welcome to the beautiful city of Dublin Ireland. We are now landing and we be deporting form the plane soon. As in the time i ask that all cellphones and electronics are turned off and stored under the seat in front of you, thank you." and with that the microphone clicked off.

Soon after that the plane landed and all the passengers got off. When i finally reached baggage claim I saw a sign that read, "The birthday girl Skyla Romono."

I let out a small laugh, I sure missed my crazy loving parents. I quickly grabbed my luggage and ran over to my mum and gave her a huge hug showing her how much I missed her.

"Hey what about me?" my dad said jokingly. I smiled and engulfed him into a bone crushing bear hug too.

"As much as I enjoy hugging you, I think we better getting heading home so we can celebrate you 20th birthday," my dad said with a small chuckle. I release him from my tight grip, grab my bags and exit the airport with my parents trailing close behind.

When we finally get home my dad helps me take out all my luggage since I'm staying in town till January. When we go inside the house it is very dark so I blindly search for the light against the wall. When I finally find the switch i flip it on and all of a sudden I hear tons of people screaming "SURPRISE!"

I jumped back a little and laughed. I scanned the crowd and my eyes landed on a blonde haired blue eyed boy, wait is that Niall?