Assurance

Word Count: 3,235
Summary: After years of hooking up with Ross casually, you get some unexpected news that Ross does not take well. It's up to George and the others to make things right again, and get you the assurance from Ross that he will always be there for you that you need.

You met Ross after a gig of theirs in London.

It was before the band really broke it big, when they were on the cusp of greatness but not quite there yet. The boys all had decided to stick around afterwards to meet all those who came out to see them and thank them for doing so. The crowd had been the most electric crowd they had ever been around. It was the least they could do to thank them. While most of the girls in the crowd had gone to Matty or George, you decided to go up to Ross. The first thing that caught your eye about him was his smile. It was enough to draw you in for more than a simple 'thank you for playing' conversation. Before either of you knew it, Matty had to sling his arm around Ross' shoulder and coyly break up the chat, letting him know they needed to leave. You exchanged numbers with Ross and hugged to say goodbye. That night, you and Ross spoke for hours. You realized that night, you wanted to see Ross as soon as you could again.

Little did you know, Ross wanted to see you just as much, if not more. The next time the boys found themselves around London, Ross called you and made sure you had first row at their show. Meetings here and there only brought you guys closer and closer together. However, that was all the meetings ever were. Meetings. Somehow, all of the talk and interaction did not spring up a relationship. Sure, kisses came and went. Hugs were plenty. But it never went further.

Until, three years later. In the heat of The 1975's rise to fame, Ross and you crossed paths once more and found yourselves landing, of all places, in bed together. It was spontaneous. It was incredible. It made something more stir up within you both. Suddenly, meetings were not just hugs and kisses and conversation. They transformed into that with the added bonus of sex. You supposed it happened because, when sex came, the two of you could get out the true emotions you felt for each other without having to say them and confront the realities of what logistical issues stood in the way. Sex was enough without having to take a leap. You both benefitted from it, and it worked well with Ross' schedule. All was well.

That is, until two months after Ross and you saw each other last, when you did not get your period, and you knew immediately what was up. Three tests and a trip to the doctor confirmed your suspicions. You were pregnant, and it was definitely Ross' baby. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The first thing you did after it was confirmed was call whichever boy from the band other than Ross picked up first. You needed to talk to one of them, as they were all familiar with you and Ross but were far less scary to tell than Ross himself. George picked up first. Needless to say, he was shocked. But, he was supportive. Super supportive. He let you know the next time they would be in town, and assured you that he would be there at least through the whole thing if you wished him to be. His kindness and support was refreshing. You could only hope Ross would be the same way.

Three weeks later, the boys were back. Thankfully you had yet to start showing considerably, so you put on a loose fitting shirt to see them and went incredibly unnoticed by all except for George. After hugging him hello, he secretly gave a little pat to your stomach, which made you blush up a storm. You would've thrown him a joke or two, but soon after your hug, Ross appeared, and time sort of went still for a moment. He gave you the same bright smile you always fell for. Your usual bright smile back fell short of its normal brilliance. Ross, and George for that matter, noticed it without pause. George excused himself to go over and chat with Adam and Matty across the room, leaving you both alone. It still felt far from comfortable, so you asked him to join you in the nearby room. He followed without question.