9. Lizzie Borden Had An Axe

Comenzar desde el principio

“Marilyn, are you sure that's what you saw?”

“I'm 100 % positive that's what I saw!” I replied, my voice raising again. “She waved at me!” Zak rose his eyebrows. In disbelief.

“Marilyn, are you sure?” Zak questioned me again. I stared at him, fuming.

“Do you not believe me?!” I growled at him.

“It's not that I don't believe you; it's that it's out of the normal for a spirit to wave at you..” I looked at him, feeling tears welling up in my eyes.

“Do you think I don't know that, Zak?” I asked him, “How long have I been with you guys, going to locations, doing lock-downs, feeling spirits around me. I know what it's like. I know what to expect – for the most part. And you think I'm still some amateur that doesn't know how to connect with a ghost?”

Zak stifled a chuckle, “You kinda are an amateur still, Marilyn.” I stared at him, tears finally spilling over.

“I can leave right now if I'm ruining this investigation.” I replied. “I will get ou-”

“I don't want you to leave, Marilyn.” Zak whispered. “Now C'mon – lets go take pictures of the location and go back to the hotel.” Zak stared at me, not even acknowledging the fact that I was bawling in front of him. I ignored him, pushing him out of the way and walking over to Billy, my arms crossed angrily.

“Hey.” Billy greeted, “What's wrong.”

“I saw something in the window earlier and I-”

“You saw it too?!” Billy exclaimed, almost dropping the camera on the concrete sidewalk, raising his eyebrows. I nodded.

“Yeah, I did. It was a woman wearing Lizzie Borden era clothing. She waved at me, Zak thinks I'm crazy.” I shook my head, crossing my arms – getting mad all over again. I still couldn't understand why Zak didn't believe me. I knew what I saw, and I saw what I did. I've been around this stuff for so long, you think I'd know what I was talking about – or what I saw. “He thinks that my mind is playing tricks on me.”

“If so,” Billy began, “My mind is playing tricks on me too. It's been a long day, don't get me wrong. But I know what I saw. And I'm almost sure that I saw Lizzie standing in that window waving at me.” My heart stopped, and my eyes slowly went back to the house.

“Lizzie?” I squealed, “You don't think-”

“Don't even speak of it.” Billy replied, “You know better than that.” And I knew what he ment.

If we talked about her, we didn't know what Lizzie's spirit was capable of. I stayed quiet, and watched Zak walk around the house, run his fingers along the edges. He loved doing this, feeling the house, feeling the energy. That was one thing he did at every location, and I loved to watch him do it. It's how he got the feeling of the lockdown before he actually did it.

-

“Lets pack up..” Nick said after about an hour of being here. I was already half-asleep in the SUV, my feet up on the dashboard scrolling through my facebook timeline, waiting for the boys to be done. I was done with my photos long ago, it was just a matter of when the boys were going to be done. And there was no way in hell to rush them they take their precious time and they know it.

Zak appeared from the other side of the house, and nodded. “It's getting late,” He noted as he looked up to where the sun was setting over the slow town, “We better head back to the hotel. I'm beat.”

“Me too,” Aaron agreed, “I think it's about time we get ready for the interviews tomorrow. I have a feeling this lockdown is about to be intense.” I nodded, agreeing, but not saying anything. The boys said nothing else as they packed up the cameras, and piled in the backseat, realizing that I wasn't about to move from the front seat. As Billy drove away, I had a feeling, in the pit of my stomach, that something was going to go wrong. Wheather it was tonight or tomorrow – something would happen. But I just didn't know what.