Her fingerprints smudged against his glasses, causing him to become annoyed as she walked away. Elspeth made her way over to the sofa where the three were suddenly watching her, wondering what she was going to do to them. She stopped in front of Sirius, a smile appearing on her lips before reached a hand out.

"Your hair looks nice today, Sirius," she told him as she ran it through the boy's hair. Immediately, Sirius had been rendered useless in that moment as he stared up at the girl with a smile of his own. His scalp tingled with a pleasant sensation before she pulled her hand away with a giggle.

"Nice enough for you to run your hands through them later?" He asked her in return.

"Maybe, I guess we'll see," she said before walking away after saying goodbye to them and walking through the portrait hole. Sirius was all smiles until he noticed the other three looking at him.

"What?! She was complimenting me and sweet Merlin, I wouldn't mind having her play with my hair. Have you not experienced the sensation, you're missing out." He folded his arms and looked away from the boys. 

"Whatever," James rolled his eyes, " it's not like she can escape, we have all the same classes together, we'll get her."

"You see, you keep saying we," Remus pointed out. "I have nothing against Elspeth. She kicked you in the face because you tried to prank her and it didn't work out. I actually like Elspeth, she's really nice."

"Yeah, she is!" Sirius called out returning to the conversation.

"Shut up, Sirius, I'm talking about personality wise," Remus sighed.

"I was too...and-"

"Doesn't matter," James called over them. "I'm going to come up with a plan, let's head to breakfast."

James stood in the portrait hole as the boys cleared out of the Common Room, Peter and Remus were muttering something under their breath, when Sirius stopped by James' side for a second.

"What?" James looked at him, wondering what he wanted.

"Are you going commando?"

"Sirius!"

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Penelope shook her head as Elspeth informed her about the slight confrontation in the common room that morning. To be honest, she was incredibly surprised to see Elspeth show up early to breakfast. Normally the girl would show up within the last ten minutes or not at all if she slept in. But apparently, Penelope had missed out on plenty as Elspeth told her about the trunk raid and then James trying to confront her about it. The last thing Penelope wanted for her best friend was for her to get mixed up with the boys, knowing that no good would come from it.

"It was worth it," Elspeth smiled, "I got to touch Sirius' hair this morning and he offered me to run my hands through it later."

"Please don't tell me you said yes," Penelope sighed.

"I said maybe."

"El!"

"What? It's neither yes or no."

"El, he's best friends with James, the boy that is after you now because you made his pants into common room decorations. Don't you think that has the possibility to backfire on you?"

"Let's define backfiring in this situation," Elspeth said bringing Penelope to roll her eyes. 

"Backfiring, meaning James pranking you until we leave this castle in pretty much three years."