the little girl nodded, a grin taking over her features. "she's in loooooooooove!" 

i felt my face turn bright red at her words, knowing exactly who she was talking about. i crept up behind her with a smirk. zayn met my eyes and tried to hide his smile, nodding along with my sister's story. when i was close enough, i started tickling her sides, her back still to me.

georgia let out a little squeak of surprise and started laughing uncontrollably as zayn joined into the tickle fight; me getting her sides while he got her belly. her laughter run out inside the small shop, a few tears forming in her eyes as she kicked her legs, trying to get us to stop.

"uncle! uncle!" she cried out in between laughs. 

me and zayn pulled back, laughing ourselves as she folded her arms; clearly not pleased with the previous action. she turned her head away from us, fixating on the window, watching a few people walk by the crowded streets. 

i tried to hold back my chuckles and walked over to the other side of the counter, leaning on zayn's side sleepily. i whispered not so quietly to him.

"i think someone's a little grumpy."

"i think so too."

"you guys aren't very good whisperers." georgia still pouted, still not looking at either of us.

"well neither are you when you think i'm, quote on quote, in love." i mocked her, standing up straight now.

"well it's true!" the small girl finally snapped her head back and glared at me. "you love coach louis!" 

my eyes widened and i felt zayn stiffen beside me. my cheeks heated up and i quickly shook my head.

"i do not!"

"do so!"

"no!"

"yes!"

"no."

"yes you do!"

"girls, girls. stop it." zayn finally intervened, stepping between the two of us. 

he picked up georgia, placing her off the counter and frowned. it wasn't very often that zayn got cross with her, but he knew when enough was enough. it's not even like me and georgia argued a lot, she was just stubborn and wouldn't let some things go.

"apologize to your sister." he crossed his arms, looking down at the little girl.

"m'sorry, belle." she mumbled out, slightly annoyed.

that seemed good enough for zayn, because he instantly lightened up. he bent down and ruffled her hair, blowing a raspberry on her cheek, causing her to erupt into giggles. he whispered something in her ear, too low for me to hear, but she answered with a little nod.

before i could ask what he said, georgia ran over and hugged me, her little arms wrapping around my waist. i smiled and hugged her back, mouthing a silent "thank you" to zayn, who just sheepishly smiled.

"go upstairs and i'll help you with your maths before i leave, yeah?" zayn leaned against the wall, watching us.

georgia nodded and pressed a kiss into my thigh before running upstairs to our apartment where my gram was waiting. 

i grabbed a rag from under the cash register and started to dust up a few crumbs off the counter, ignoring zayn's burning gaze at the back of my head. though my back was to him, i knew he was smirking and all i wanted to do was smack it off him with the towel.

"so, coach louis, eh?" his taunting voice said from behind me. "would this happened to be the same louis who coaches georgia's football team?"

"yes, and i don't love him." i blushed, putting the rag down, finally turning to face him. "i just think he may or may not be kinda cute.."

zayn laughed and pulled me into a hug, smushing me into his chest. i grunted at how squished i suddenly was, but hugged him back nevertheless. 

"stop growing up on me, belle." he mumbled into my hair, pressing a small kiss to it.

i blushed again, burying my face into his chest farther. me and zayn go far back, since maybe grade four or so. we were both the outcasts so we stuck together. none of the older boys would pick on me after zayn started hanging around me. he was protective of me, and he was my hero. 

we weren't dating, we were just really close. though my gram did "ship" us, if you will. 

after a few more moments i pushed him away gently, smirking. 

"you promised georgia you'd help her with her homework." i reminded him, to which he just shrugged.

"gram can help her." he chuckled.

"stop being such a lazy loaf."

"stop wearing sweaters,"

"why?"

"coach louis'll start to think you're his sweater baby."

"that wouldn't be all bad..."

"yes, it would."

"why?"

"because you're already my sweater baby."

. . . . .

double update woo woo

on the side is laneya grace aka georgia foster.

so yeah, my zayn feels are completely wrecked rn, hbu?

and what do you think about coach louis? he'll be in it more and more as the story goes by.

leave a comment letting me know what you think so far. xx