Chapter 7

The next day, I woke up to no one. On my bed, was a letter. It read:

Dear Flower,

We will be out of the house for the whole day running errands. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will be back tonight. We ask that you manage yourself. There is food in the fridge, and if you become bored, there is an entire library on the third floor and you may read to your heart's content. That's pretty much all you need to know. Good luck! :)

Love, The Extravaphsian's

I just stared at the sheet of paper. I can't believe that they left me alone in this creepy house, and if that wasn't bad enough, they left Rosie as my only company. I just hope nothing jumps out at me.

I decided to go to the library. I wrapped the snake around my arm and went to the third floor. I opened the large doors that supposedly leads to the library.

The first thing I saw was the light shining from the crystal chandlers. I couldn't believe my eyes. The room was full of book cases with appearing to be millions of books. It was beautiful. The tables were decorated with snow white cloths and each had a flower vase in the center. The carpet appeared to be a cream color, almost I identical to the color of the walls. The cases of books were aligned neatly in rows. The sight was breathtaking. How can this be the same place, I thought to my self.

I hung Rosie on one of the chairs and started to search for a book. I imagine that they have all kinds of genres. I searched through the historical section. All books seemed interesting. I scrolled the cases and found a book titled Rain. It had an image of droplets on the cover.

I started reading the story. On the first page it read:

"When those with kind hearts and pure souls die, the sky saddens and will cry upon them."

Isn't this the words that Cecil told me before? It was a short picture book. I brought it with me to the table where I put down Rosie. I started to read to the snake.

"'Once upon a time, there was a kind young lady. Her heart was as pure as snow, yet she was very weak. One day the young lady met a kind prince. In do time, the two became friends and grew very close. The prince decided that he wanted to protect the young lady. Unfortunately, monsters came after the prince. He didn't die, but the fate was not the same for the young lady. She gave her life trying to protect him. The sky experienced the girl's death and it rained. It was sad to see such a kind girl leave this world, so each time those with kind hearts and pure souls die, the sky saddens and will cry upon them. The end.' How did you like it Rosie?" The snake hissed. The story reminded me of my family and I. They gave their life to protect me from some monster.

I put the book back and searched around a little more. Rosie seemed to get down from the chair and slithered to where I was. She kept on hissing at a certain book, so I picked it up and opened it. It appeared to be a family album of Cecil and the others. It showed images of them as children and other stages of their life. One picture especially caught my attention. It was a picture of Cecil and a beautiful lady. She seemed oddly familiar, but I can't seem to remember. Is this his girlfriend? I don't think I want too ask. He might think I'm being to nosey.

I took Rosie and left the room. I decided to stay in my room for the rest of the day. Soon found myself in a deep sleep.

(Con.)