“Want to see it in action?” he asked, in a very charming manner, too. Bree leaned over the table, too.

            “I’m not sure I want to be let down,” Bree teased, biting her lip.

            Harry let out a low growl from the back of his throat and stood up so he could close the distance and kiss her. Bree was feeling extra flirty tonight, and sat backwards, avoiding the kiss.

            “Bree, I swear,” Harry said huskily, sitting back down and shaking the curls out of his eyes.

            “Would you like to order now?” a shrill voice asked and they both looked up at the waitress, holding her pen and paper again.

            Harry grinned, “Aye, I would.” Bree picked up the menu, not even having looked at it yet. Without question, she picked the cheapest thing on the menu, which was a goat’s cheese salad. It was eleven dollars, which was twice as expensive as a salad should be, but she couldn’t change that. She didn’t want Harry paying for a small, fifty-three dollar steak that probably wouldn’t fill her up at all.

            “I’ll have the steak, please,” Harry said, and Bree rolled her eyes. Most expensive thing on the menu, and he ordered it. It must be really nice to be famous, she thought.

“Okay, and you?” Chelsea said and looked at Bree.

“I’ll have the goat’s cheese salad,” Bree said and smiled. Harry protested, but she cut in. “I’m not having it because it’s the cheapest thing on the menu, Harry.”

“Okay, that’ll be out soon!” the waitress chirped and walked off. Harry propped his elbows on the table again.

“You’re killing me, Bree,” he said with a crooked smile. He shook his head lightly to the right to keep his hair out of his sight.

Bree leaned over the table and pressed her lips to his. The kiss was gentle, and nice, but Harry pulled away too fast. He rested his forehead against hers and sighed, his sweet breath tickling her lips. She stole another kiss, shorter than the first, before sitting back.

“Wow,” he muttered and leaned back, too.

Bree laughed and took a sip of her water. The rest of the dinner went perfectly. They ate and talked and flirted shamelessly all the way through the main course, and presently were sharing a serving of strawberry shortcake and ice cream dessert.

Harry dug his spoon into the ice cream and brought it to his mouth. Bree scooped some of the shortcake and ate it.

“So you don’t like straight ice cream? I can’t believe it. It’s probably one of the greatest discoveries,” Harry said and scooped up some more of the vanilla.

Bree shrugged, “I like it with this, but not on its own. I don’t know, it’s weird.”

Just then, Bree’s phone rang. She jumped, so into her date that she forgot to turn it off. She shot Harry an apologetic look and answered.

“Hello?”

“Hi Bree, it’s Carla Meyers,” her voice teacher said.

“Hi! How is everything?” Bree said and smiled at Harry as he tilted his head curiously. She waved a finger, letting him know that she’d explain in a second.

“Good! I just got a call, though, from Frank. He said he was coming down with something and that he has to reschedule your senior recital for next Sunday, instead of tomorrow, because he can’t get anyone to open the studio. Is that okay?” Carla explained.