Wonder Woman (2017)

Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review :

Every woman should see "Wonder Woman".

If not in theaters, then at least when it comes out on Netflix or basic cable.

(Warning : Spoilers ahead!)

Blew me away...ok, well, not really. Lol. 😆 Just wanted to use that phrase. 😁 Teehee. But it DEFINITELY KICKED ASS...without a doubt.

😎😉

And although, in the beginning, I didn't completely approve of the...'improvements' 😒 they made on the classic WW costume...under the proper lighting, 😉 it actually works. Surprisingly, the revisions weren't all that bad.

Being a classic Wonder Woman fanatic (😁 comics WW being my FB profile pic for forever 😄) -- buying practically every WW merch I find in stores, all the WW purchases I've made over the years and which are now in my precious possession, watching the classic TV show, referencing WW almost always or more often than not, imagining the wind blowing on my hair the way it does on Wonder Woman as I run short distances 😁 (Don't judge me.) 😝 -- you really can't blame me for having doubts about this recent reimagining of the princess of the Amazons. Saying that, naturally, I have very high expectations, is a bit of an understatement even. Having been a huge fan for years and years, and though no actress compares to Lynda Carter as Diana-f******-Prince (Duhh.), 😏 whoever even attempts to play her on-screen shouldn't just be wonderful or fantastic or terrific or marvelous...no. She needs to be...RESPLENDENT. Majestic. Glorious. Goddess-like.

But while NOBODY could possibly fill Lynda Carter's shoes -- probably ever -- (She's still THE best Wonder Woman! 😎 Imo, that is.), and I initially had doubts with the actress they chose to play her here, I gotta admit...she certainly held her own. I was rather impressed. I actually already liked her in 'The Fast and the Furious' franchise, but Gal Gadot did a far better job in 'Wonder Woman' for sure. NO ONE may hold a candle to Lynda Carter, but this DC Cinematic Universe's Wonder Woman of contemporary times, Gal Gadot, sure is a very good actress. *nods in approval* Both with the stunts during the fight scenes and evoking emotional scenes as well. But mostly, the battle scenes...and the stance...oh, God, the stance... *grin* Badass. If you ask me. Or when she crosses No Man's Land to charge against a rain of German gunfire... 😱😱 Like, WHOA.

Not to mention, there were funny scenes, too, that were simply hilarious. Chris Pine was remarkable in it as well (Reminds me of the auto shop sketch on Chris Pine's SNL episode, where he plays a mechanic who had a dance-off with a colleague, gyrating shamelessly to Erika Jayne's 'Exxpen$ive", Beyoncé-style- downright HILARIOUS! 😀😂😆😝). Interestingly, as what a web article / internet review pointed out, here's another actor named Chris playing another character named Steve...whuuuuuuuuuut! And they're BOTH captains!! 😁 Chris Evans / Steve Rogers anyone?

The interplay between Diana's innocence about the world and Wonder Woman's superheroine kick-assery, I thought, was inspired.

Then there's Themyscira's breathtaking backdrop... (Gotta pay it a visit someday.) The slow-motion moves at just the right moments (😆 And apparently, with the Amazons...it's aaaaall about the moves. 😎). Robin Wright as General Antiope...wow. 😱😊 The sword, the shield...and who would dare argue with the Lasso of Truth? 😏 ..........................Didn't think so.

I just wish Steve Trevor's death wasn't a smidge anti-climactic. Albeit Diana's reaction totally saved it. I was hoping till the last second he would whisper Diana's name one last time before he allowed the flames to engulf him in midair.

And so when it comes to America's ongoing love affair with superhero-themed cinema in recent years or as of late...you only usually see the good GUYS. Not very many GALS. And even when there are, they were mostly only in the shadows. If that. So to see a superHEROINE -- and lookie here, she's ACTUALLY named GAL 😜😆 -- finally immerse in this predominantly testosterone-populated scene, and come out on top, if only for but a moment, I must say, it feels- hm, what's the word? Ah, yes : WONDERful. 😁😊 To see a female superhero steal the spotlight in this male-dominated genre, just...kicking ass and taking names 😎 -- and in a more graceful way than a man does, too 😜 -- it's...CATHARTIC and REDEMPTIVE.

As sensational and phenomenal as Wonder Woman is, though, the movie shouldn't be seen as a bitter diatribe directed against the male populace.

But. It IS vindicating.

For a change. They let a woman take on the mantle to save the world, save the day, even only on the silver screen (After all, women already save the world everyday.). For once. They let a woman show them what she's made of... I say...it's about damn time.

~ by Millady