Memory 2: The Party

Julia and Brooke walked up to the slightly large house. The house was a light green color with four windows in the front. Two of them on the second floor and two on the bottom floor. The doors were white and there was a mat on the ground, whoever lived here had seemed to have some money to their name.

But, of course, Julia found this suspicious and examined the lettering that was engraved on the mat. The letters on the mat were Greek letters, which meant this was either a fraternity home or a sorority home. She guessed the first one judging how the house looked.

"You brought me to a frat boy party again? Brooke I said I was done with these types of parties." Julia said becoming aggravated with Brooke.

"Okay, maybe I lied a little bit but I meant it when I said this was just going to be a bonfire kind of party." Brooke said, trying to be apologetic.

Julia thought about this for a little bit before the door suddenly opened up and a boy came out. The boy's name was Tristan, he has ginger hair and a few freckles crossed his nose. His eyes are a light blue that faded to a deep sea blue. He was wearing a black skin tight t-shirt and a beanie.

"Hey Brooke! Glad you could make it!" Tristan said with a wide grin on his face.

This isn't too bad so far, maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to judge. I'll apologize to Brooke later, Julia thought to herself.

"Hey Tristan, I brought my roommate over I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all, the more the chicks here the better." Tristan smirked. To Julia, the more smug his face looked the dumber he was getting. Her taste in guys is very particular, which means her choices were very limited. "Don't just stand there come inside, we've got a bonfire going out in the back. That's where everybody else is."

Julia and Brooke came inside. The house was surprisingly clean, there was party food on the counter, some pops in the corner, but what caught Julia's eye was the big red cooler sitting outside the screen door leading to the backyard.

"What's in the cooler?" She asked.

"Oh that? That just has some crappy beers in it. The good stuff is coming later." Tristan said, as he was grabbing a can of bud light from the cooler. "Come on outside, I'm sure everyone wants to say hello."

Despite Julia being even more aggravated with Brooke than she was before, she proceeded outside with her to the rest of the party. The party consisted of the frat members and two other females who Julia recognized from her classes.

"I thought you said that there wasn't any drinking at this party," Julia whispered to Brooke.

"I lied about that too, I just needed you to come out more and not have your nose stuck in a book!" Brooke whispered back.

"Well maybe that's where I want to be right now, you know how uncomfortable I get when there's drinking around. And plus, there's only two other females here. The rest are men I don't know and they keep staring at us."

"Probably cause we're whispering to each other and not heading over to the bonfire."

"Oh right. . ." They headed over to the bonfire and took a seat on the log next to two other men, the men's eyes immediately landed on them both in a flirtatious manner. Julia started to get uncomfortable and fidgety, she didn't like men looking at her in that way and she knew exactly what that meant. 

"This party is boring." One girl said as she was texting on her phone.

"Well sorry princess, if you want something go get a beer or food I don't care. I can't really do anything till the good stuff gets here." Tristan explained, trying to get the girl to walk away. The thought of alcohol made the girl happy so she went to the cooler and grabbed three beers. Great, people were going to get drunk.