Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Jazmyne

One Month Later

It had been a month since I'd been living with Noah and Joanna. And they both was just so amazing. They treated me incredibly and seemed genuinely happy about me staying there with them. Especially Joanna, she was just so sweet and caring. Even though it was a bit odd to me, I didn't feel like I was a burden on her, or even Noah. I felt like I belonged there with them.

Noah's and my relationship was strange in a way, but astonishing at the same time. We just felt bonded to one another for reasons unknown. Whenever I would question it, Noah always told me that the Goddesses wasn't ready to reveal it just yet. He was so in tuned with himself and nature that he believed the Moon Goddesses guided us daily.

I didn't know or wasn't to certain about his beliefs. I couldn't figure out why nothing had been revealed as of yet. It was most definitely hard to believe. Whenever I told him that, he would remind me of the day we met and why he simply couldn't leave that area.

He was so trustworthy of the Moon Gods and Goddesses. I guess it was hard to me to accept because I knew nothing of them.

Regardless of his beliefs, I still loved staying with them. I felt so happy and at peace with myself. I didn't have to worry about when I was going to get hit next or be locked in the basement, chained to the wall as punishment for something simple.

My back hit the mat hard, knocking the air from my lungs. I took in a gush of air and groaned. "Noah!" I snapped at him as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"You're losing focus. What if I was someone who really wanted to hurt you?" His foot came down toward my face and I rolled over.

I pushed myself up off of the floor. "But you're not—" Before I could really get my balance he slammed me on the mat once more.

"But I could be." He reminded as he helped me up. "Point is, don't lose focus. You can't be daydreaming in the middle of a fight Jazmyne." He fussed at me.

A heavy breath left my mouth as I panted. "I know, Noah."

"Then act like it." His fist swung and I ducked, dodging the blow. His legs kicked at me and I jumped back before throwing my fist in combinations like he had taught me.

Easily, he blocked my blows. I kicked at his chest and he caught my legs, slamming me to the floor.

For the past two weeks Noah had been teaching me how to fight. Which I gladly agreed to letting him do. He wanted me to be able to protect myself just in case he wasn't around.

He explained to me that, I wasn't ever supposed to be defenseless. And in his family, it was by right that the males taught the women how to fight like warriors because that was what we were. No matter the gender there was a fighter inside all of us. We just needed to find it.

I didn't want to be defenseless again, so, his family's rule pushed me with confidence to want to be taught.

Hell, I couldn't wait to find the damn fighter within myself because Noah had been kicking my ass. I was really getting tired of being knocked down by him.

Noah was an amazing teacher, I had to give him that. But, he was relentless. He never took it easy on me and I felt that wasn't fair.

Of course, I complained about it. My complaint didn't faze him one bit. He simply stated, life wasn't fair and if he was someone who wanted to kill me, that fight wouldn't be fair either. That let me know no matter how hurt I was, he wasn't going to be easy on me.

"Get up." His foot hit my leg.

I was tired as hell. My lungs burned like crazy and my sides hurt. Groaning, I pushed myself up. Regardless of my inner bitching, I always found the will to get back up and push myself harder.