Chapter 11

I was woken up to loud knocking on my door.

            “KATIE!!” John yelled.

            I dragged myself out of bed and walked over to the door. John let himself in and turned around to look at me.

            “Mr. Sampson told me about your and Oliver’s little incident yesterday,” he said unhappy.

            “Okay, take a deep breath. We worked it out, I promise you. We’re starting off on a clean slate, so hopefully we won’t start yelling at each other…”

            “You better not missy,” John said pointing a finger at me and raising his eyebrow. He turned my TV on and went to the news. There was a picture of Oliver and me holding hands. Oh crap. That was when he was telling me about his ex-girlfriend. My eyes widened and John looked at me.

            “What happened Katie?” he asked.

            I sighed, “We got chased by paparazzi…”

            “And now you’re happily holding hands with him?”

            “Well he took my hand and wouldn’t really let go… I don’t like Oliver, John.”

            “Well,” he said grinning, “you should because I was thinking it over and I thought it would be a good idea if you two started to go out.”

            My jaw dropped, “WHAT?!”

            “Katie…”

            “No John, don’t even go there, okay? I’m going out with Harry and no one else.”

            “And when was the last time you talked to Harry, huh?”

            “Well…”

            “And how well does the public know about you two?”

            “Then know enough to understand that we’re dating…”

            “And when was the last time you’ve talked to him?”

            I glared at him.

            “Katie, it will get you so many fans.”

            “John, I can’t. I can’t do that to Harry…”

            “He won’t find out.”

            I laughed, “He wouldn’t find out? Do you know how many paparazzi are out on the streets?”

            “Katie, don’t you want to become famous?”

            “Not really…”

            “Then why are you even doing this?” John replied.

            Why was I doing this? I didn’t even really want to in the first place, but now that I was travelling around the country, I was starting to enjoy it.

            “Just think it over,” John said and he left my hotel room. I wanted to scream. I would never go out with Oliver. Never in a million years. Even if Harry and I never got to see each other that often didn’t mean that I don’t like him. Harry was different. He was so sweet and I was just so happy I had him for myself.

            The concert was today. A week had gone by of some intense practice sessions that would last pretty much all day. My wrist and shoulder hurt like hell, but I had to brush it off. I had talked to Harry a couple times and he said he’d try to make it to my concert either by himself or with the band.