15.These Complications

Start from the beginning

She was about to thank him when she completely lost her balance. Ragini closed her eyes expecting the impact.

She would have fallen down if it wasn't for Laksh, who grabbed her waist in time to save her from falling. At once, Ragini grabbed onto him in fear of falling down. It so happened that Laksh's face ended up in the crook of Ragini's neck, with her hair falling over it.

Laksh took a deep breath, inhaling Ragini's scent, the sweet fragrance of her hair, enjoying the feeling of having her in his arms. He tightened his grip on her waist, pulling her closer to himself.

Ragini, on the other hand, finally recovered from the shock and opened her eyes. Although she was grateful that Laksh saved her, she felt wrong being in his arms. Once, she may have wanted him close. However, now she felt uncomfortable being so close to him. She tried to straighten up and get some distance between them. Laksh felt her trying to break free and gripped her harder, moving his head closer to her neck.

Ragini was confused as to why he wasn't letting go. She gasped as she felt something wet on her neck. At once, she used all her strength to push him away and straightened up.

Ragini couldn't make herself look up with all the confusion in her mind, with her heart beating at the rate of a bullet train. She still couldn't make sense of what had happened. 'Why...why would Laksh do something like that? Would he really do that?'

Finally, after a moment, she gathered the courage to look up at Laksh. He was blushing and was rubbing the back of his neck."I...I'm so sorry Ragini. I accidentally...accidentally I..I.." he was stuttering to form words.

Ragini let out a breath of relief. It seemed she had wrongly assumed Laksh. 'I guess his lips accidentally touched my neck. After all, he couldn't have predicted that I would stumble. He just surged forward to catch me and it happened.' She nodded to herself. "I-Its okay Laksh. I know it wasn't intentional."

"I'm still sorry that it happened Ragini

"I'm still sorry that it happened Ragini. I'm sor-"

"I told you its okay Laksh. Now don't make me hit you for apologizing."

Laksh looked suprised to hear such a reply from Ragini. Nevertheless he nodded. "Your wish is my command."

"Alright you two. I'll go get Sanskar. Bye!" Laksh watched Ragini go with a smile. 'It was a good morning indeed.'

He turned to look at Swara. She was standing there, looking at him with wide eyes. He went and waved a hand in front of her. "Hey, Swara? Swara? Don't tell me you got stupefied by my handsomeness." he joked.

Swara gave a nervous laugh. "I-its nothing Lucky. Why don't you go to the kitchen? Maa will serve you. I'll go freshen up first." Laksh nodded and went past her, humming away merrily.

Once he left, Swara put a hand over her mouth in shock. She fell down on her knees as the realization of what she just witnessed dawned on her. Ragini may not have noticed it, too busy looking down. But she did. She saw Laksh's face when he released Ragini.