Chapter II

Chapter two of Werewolf Academy posted.

I throw my duffle over my shoulder after getting off the plane. Heading into the terminal. I make my way to a heavily wooded area in a few minutes, not foolish enough to shift in front of mortals. Making sure the coast is clear, I take off the duffle, stripping my pants, top and sandals. I drop them. All in the bag and shift. My wolf was pure white. Many would be surprised at my size. Do to the fact my father had no other heir, my wolf was only slightly smaller than an Alpha, being a female.

Taking the bag between my teeth, I sprint through the forest, reaching the about thirty minutes later. I saw the Academy just before I broke the tree line. I stopped, making sure I was alone as to not expose myself when I shifted back to my human form. I shift, pulling on the jeans, shirt, and shoes I had been wearing previously.

The school was large. It obviously had more than a few stories. It was built entirely with stone and had a large staircase leading up to the entrance. There were pillars on either side of the massive door. The lawn around the school was freshly manicured. It seemed like a lovely place...for someone that actually wanted to be there. I saw who I assume to be students gathering at the front of the building. I hear a voice coming through a megaphone.

"If all old students will come inside and head to their dorms to unpack and rest, your schedules will be sent to your rooms." The majority of the group went inside. "New students, I request you stay behind to be assigned a dorm number."

"Hello. I am Headmaster Quinn," he greets the rest of us, taking down the megaphone when we come closer. As I expected, the group was mostly freshman. He basically explained the same thing he said to the entire group earlier, also giving us dorm numbers. "Off you go."

I reach the door at the same time as one of the other new girls. She had chestnut hair and amber eyes. Her skin was a light chocolate brown. She had a soft smile and seemed to be quite friendly. "I'm Hannah," she says.

"Adalynn." I hated that name. I havent used it in eight years and I didn't want to any longer than required. "I guess we're bunking." Ugh. And I have to act friendly.

"Looks like it." She smiles again. Great. Any overly happy roommate.

We walk into the dorm and both froze in shock. It was a full suite. There were three bedrooms to the back of the spacious sitting room. One of the doors was shut, suggesting that the room was occupied. We silently agree as to which room we will be taking. My shoes were silent against the hardwood as I make my way to the bedroom on the left.

"By the goddess," I gasp.

I drop my bag on the ground. My fingers trail over the carved oak post on the bottom left corner of the king-sized bed. It had a sheer gold canopy above it and was covered by a white pintuck comforter with far too many throw pillows for decoration. The five drawer dresser was made of the same oak as the bed. The connected bath had all the necessary belongings that matched the theme of the bedroom.

Hannah stands in my doorway just as I exit the bathing room. "This is definitely something I could get used to."

-----

An obnoxious beep pierces into my skull, drawing me from the depths of sleep. I drag myself out of the far too comfortable bed, smacking the alarm clock to get it to shut up. I was not a morning person.

"That was a nice dream, too," I moan.

Grabbing a loose white blouse, jeans and undergarments, I head for the shower. Stealing myself, I force myself to stand under the frigid cascade, using it as a full wake up call. When I can trust myself to not fall asleep I flick the water over to warm, finishing my shower.

I dress myself and go into the main sitting room. Hannah and a redhead were already sitting with food. She must have come in late last night, we having not met her.

"Morning," she greets me. "I'm Rachel."

"Adalynn," I respond. "Are you a senior as well?"

"Yep. I found my mate last year. They make you stay even after you do." She shrugs. "At least the rooms are nice. I'm beginning to wonder if Brian Vennera will ever find his mate. His Beta, Jake, is my mate."

I purse my lips. I was gonna leave her packless. Oh well. "What position did you come here in?" I ask.

"Beta's daughter. You?"

I squirm. "My pack was attacked. I'm the only Blackfang left."

Hannah chokes on her juice. "Adalynn ? People are gonna be more scared of you than Brian. Once they figure out you aren't dead..."

"It's not as if I'll ever be appointed Luna. No one has reason to fear me. I'll be made fun of if anything." Anybody makes fun of me I will kick their ass.

"Unless you mate an Alpha," Rachel suggests.

"Doubt it."

"You never know."

-----

I stand beside Hannah in my combat period, leaning against the tree casually. We had one shifting period per day and one hand-to-hand combat period per day, our core classes divided as to put us on a block schedule. And guess who was directing the period. Not a teacher, but one of the other seniors. Brian Vennera.

I was nearly falling asleep with how slow he was teaching the maneuvers. "Not everyone here is a highly trained assassin, Selina,"  I remind myself mentally. I stand up straighter as I hear someone approaching me. Brian.

"Bored with the lesson, Asher?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Don't you think a few of us have learned how to fight in our packs?"

"I think you're forgetting this is the beginners group. Plus you don't have a pack. So pay attention and don't give me crap."

I smirk. "I think I'll just go get my schedule changed. What time do the experts practice?" He chuckles. "Something funny, Vennera?"

Everyone in the group gasps. Calling an Alpha or Alpha-to-be by their surname is considered severely disrespectful. He ignores it. "Prove you need the move."

"I think I will."

I see his Beta running towards us from the intermediate group. "Brian, no. She's a beginner. You can't just throw a beginner into a fight with someone like you."

"Weapon of choice?" He asks.

"There is no way in hell you are fighting with weapons!"

"Long daggers." He offers a pair to me as a larger group is formed by the intermediates joining the beginners. I spot Rachel looking to me with worry. "I'd prefer to use my own." I pull out the blades I had received on my sixteenth birthday from The Master. "My guardian had them custom made for me for my sweet sixteen." I stroke the gleaming emeralds in the hilts. "I think I will make use of them by putting an Alpha-to-be in his place."

He pulls out his own in a flash, lunging for me. I giggle as I dodge him easily. I jump as he ducks, swiping for my legs. Shifting, I slice into his shoulder, earning a growl. I smirk. Thrust, dodge, swipe, block. It only takes me a couple minutes to give him a solid kick to the chest, leaving him lying in the grass.

"You know, the fight would have been over even quicker than that if my motive was to kill you. Unfortunately that isn't an option. It slowed my work."

I offer him a hand up, but he saves his last sliver of pride by standing himself. Before I put my hand down, he grabs it, jerking harshly to press us chest to chest. "Watch your back. Get your schedule changed. I'll see you in advanced combat tomorrow."

I grit my teeth. No one touched me without permission. "Can't wait," I say, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Watch your tone."

"What are you gonna do, fight me?" I smirk when I hear a few snickers.

He brings his lips to my ear and I stiffen. "Everyone has a weakness, Asher. I swear, I will find yours."

But I wasn't everyone. I wasn't Adalynn Asher, the scared child who had been attacked. I was Selena Carver. I had no weakness.