Chapter 20:The Mortal War

Sorry this took so long

Alec's POV

  My head feels as if it's getting hit my a hammer over and over again. I try to sit up, wincing as I do. Magnus is fast asleep next to me, and I don't want to wake him just to bother him with my hangover. I notice that there are items on the nightstand, and I turn my attention towards them. There two glasses of water, aspirin, and a note. First, I grab the note and smile at how caring Magnus is. You are perfect and I don't deserve you. I started drinking the water when a pair of hands wrapped themselves around me. He kissed my temple and whispered into my ear. "You deserve the world, and I plan on giving it to you." It didn't slip my mind that I said my thoughts out loud and I turned my head and brought my lips to his.

  "Thank you, but I'm not as perfect as you say I am."

  "Yes you are, come here." He waved his hands over my head causing my terrible headache to go away. "There, that should do it." He gave me a smile, and I buried my face in the crook of his neck, and wrapped my arms around him.

  "I'm not perfect, but you are, to me." He laughed, and put two fingers under my chin, so I was looking up at him.

  "We're perfect to each other. Come let's go eat."

  "I'll be there in a second." Before I left with him, I went to take a shower, wash my face,and just do the basics. In my reflection I didn't look that bad. I had bags under my eyes, but that was it, so it wasn't too bad. After that I went to the kitchen to go eat with Magnus. He was at the stove boiling water, so i went up behind him and wrapped my arms around his bare torso, and rested my head on his shoulder. "Well hello to you too." He said. He turned to face me and I noticed sometime in his hands. It was a pair of thin black frames. "I didn't know you wore glasses.

  "How did you know they were mine?" I asked stupidly, of course he knew they were mine, no one else who's lived here wears glasses.

  "Ragnor never wore them, I don't, and when I found these on the table where you were passed out it was kind of obvious," he said with a shrug. I grabbed them, and slipped them on, since I'm practically blind without them. Magnus was grinning when I looked at him. "Why don't you wear them more often? You look even more adorable than you usually do." My face started to heat up, like it always did when Magnus complements me.

  "I don't like to, I usually have on contacts instead."

  "Mmh, well wear them more. I like it when my shadowhunter wear them, I think he's cute." My face turned a darker shade of red. Magnus kissed the tip of my nose,and we just stood there, enjoying having each other around. Then it hit me, I've been away from the Silverscales for over two days now. They're for sure going to become suspicious. "Oh by the angle Magnus, I have to leave now. I swear after today these early morning leavings are going to stop, but for now they're still going to happen." 

  "As long as they stop I'm okay with it for now." He stopped to give me a kiss before I left. I ran most of the way there since I have no idea if Jace covered for me, or if he tried to but failed. Once I did reach their house I knocked on the door, hoping Julie didn't open it because if she did shed probably be angry or jealous. To my luck Julie didn't open it but Luna who had a smirk creeping up her lips. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside. "You're lucky no one else is home right now, and ironically they went to go look for you." She said while she plopped herself down on the couch. "So where were you? And don't think about lying because I have a pretty good guess, and I just want you to confirm it."

  "Well if you guessed 'with Magnus' you were right, but probably not the same reason you're thinking. I'm guessing you've heard about my brother," I choked the last part out, I still can't openly talk about his death without feeling sorrow. "well i went for ummm, to deal with it."