Chapter 1

(So Kamui in this looks like Echoes' Kamui, but with Fate's Kamui's default hair color.)

The rain fell down fast as the group of four sat on a boat. Three men, and one teenage girl. The girl stares at the water with her cloak's hood up.

The teenager mage stood by the side, looking at the waves, beside the three men that she follow around. Her orange twin tails slightly poked out from her hood. 

The eldest man was a knight with brown hair, hidden with his helmet. He stood beside the young girl with his arm crossed.

The second oldest man was a mercenary with light blonde hair with his eyes always closed. He was hired by the eldest man from a far off nation.

The youngest man was an archer with purple hair. He claims that the eldest saved his life so he follow the Knight around.

Why has the girl decided to follow the ground? She knows something something that the others don't know.

What were their names? The oldest man is Valbar, the second man is Kamui, the youngest man is Leon, and the teenager is Beth.

"Aurgh! Why does it have to be so rainy?!" Beth said as she turned around and walked away from the side of the boat.

"You've always hated rain," Kamui reminded her as he followed her away from the side with Leon and Valbar.

"How far are we from land?" Leon asked 

"We should get to land in a day or two," Valbar said in return.

Beth threw her arms up and stretched as she let out a loud yawn. Kamui chuckled softly.

"I'm going to take a nap. If we hit land while I'm asleep, come get me," Beth said before going to the bed area of boat.

"Why did  she start traveling with us again?" Kamui asked.

"She told me that she had no place to go, and she didn't know who her parents were so she asked if she could join us," Valbar explained. 

"Guys..." Leon spoke up. "Is that...?"

Valbar looked over, and his eyes opened. "Go get Beth! We're going into battle!"

.

.

.

"So this is it. That's the man who has caused you so much grief, Mr. Valbar?" Beth asked as she looked the pirate.

"Indeed," Valbar nodded.

"Look over there. It's a ground of people. Are they fighting as well?" Leon asked as he saw five people getting off a boat.

"It looks like it," Kamui said.

"Hm. Looks like we're fighting together against the pirates," Valbar said as he took his lance out. Leon got his bow ready, and Kamui got his sword out.

*Battle Start*

Beth ran up forward with the others as the pirates ran at them. Valbar ran towards Barth, the leader. Leon started close to the middle, hitting enemies from far off. Kamui attacked any enemy that was close to him.

Beth saw a Cleric, who was around her age. She was staying close to the other team, but someone tried to attack her from behind. 

Beth ran over and stood behind her and used a magic attack to save the healer. The Cleric glanced at her to see that the mage did get hurt from the attack from the other so she quickly healed her.

"Thank you," Beth said before going to attack some other enemies.

Valbar got to Barth, and the two started a fight. By the time that Barth was dead, all the enemies were dead as well.

*Battle Win*

"Looks like we won," Leon smiled as the four joined up again. A woman with long red hair walked over to them and talked to Valbar.

"Oh ho! Look who the cat dragged in! I'm Valbar, by the way. You really saved my bacon back there. And since that dastard Barth is dead, my family can finally rest... *sniffle* ...Er, right. Sorry, got a little emotional there for a second. So hey, is there anything I can do for you? I'll be honest—I'm not good at much besides crackin' skulls. But if you NEED skulls cracked, I'm your man! What do you say?" Valbar said with a smile.

"You're going off with them, old friend? Well, they'd better make room, because I go where you go! No complaints about that, right? Everybody on the same page? ...Great.," Leon spoke up.

"You're joining up with this lot, Valbar? Interesting... Well, it's your call—I don't have a preference either way. Oh, but let me ask you one question: Do you have Seraphim magic? If not, then you'd best stay clear of the Seabound Shrine. Necrodragons are the one thing I absolutely refuse to tangle with,"  Kamui spoke up after Leon.

"I have Seraphim magic if you want to go the Seabound Shrine. Hm? Am I going? Of course, I am! I can't let these three idiots go by themselves! And anyway, I have nowhere else to go," Beth was the final to speak up.

"Ah! Welcome to the team!" The new leader, Celica, said. "I think that going to the Seabound Shrine sounds good."

"You had to speak up?" Kamui asked the youngest.

"Ha ha! Come on, Kamui! There's nothing to be scared of! Especially when you finally learn what you can do. He he~"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"She's always like this," Valbar explained.

"Um, how old is she?"

"Fourteen!" Beth said as she held up one finger with one hand and four fingers with the other.

"Looks like you're the youngest member," A mercenary, who introduced himself as Saber, spoke up

"Guess so," Beth smiled at him.