Deception (P. 2) [Brandon Ingram]

This story is pure fiction. The events written in this chapter are not portrayed by the actual life of the characters. Vote. Comment. Enjoy.
**********

/One week later/

I pulled up the driveway before putting the car in park and securing the emergency brake. I was staying with my best friend Heaven for a while until I got situated in my own apartment.

The DNA test situation with Brandon rubbed me the wrong way. Although he claimed over and over again that he had nothing to do with the test, I had trouble believing him.

I packed mine and Amara's things that night and called Heaven to ask if we could stay with her. She nicely insisted we stay as long as we needed.

"Mommy, I'm hungry."

I pulled Amara out of her car seat and placed her on my hip. I pulled her book bag and a few of my work bags out as well and slammed the car door.

"I know baby. Mommy's gonna get you a snack once we get inside."

I opened the front door with the key that Heaven had copied for me. I placed Amara on the ground and she ran into the living room to greet Heaven.

"Mara! Shoes please."

I followed behind her to see her being smothered with kisses.

"Amara you have to take your shoes off before you come in. This isn't our house."

"Oh hush girl. She's just happy to see her god mommy."

Amara giggled in Heavens lap.

My phone buzzed in my purse. I reached to get it, only to see texted from Brandon.

B: I'm coming to get Mara later. Hope you didn't forget.

I rolled my eyes. I did forget.

"Who's that?" Heaven asked. She carried Amara in her arms like she was a baby. I smiled at Mara's little giggles.

"Her daddy."

Heaven rolled her eyes. I laughed. "He's coming over to get her later on. He's keeping her for a few days while they have an off week."

She nodded. I walked into the kitchen to make Amara her snack. I grabbed some fruit, bananas, grapes, and strawberries. I figured I'd make her a fruit salad.

"So what are you gonna do about the situation?" Heaven asked as she entered the kitchen. I looked over into the living room to see Mara playing with her toys in front of the television.

"I don't know. I think I'll ask him to have a one on one. I think I might have over reacted a bit when I first saw the letter. I think I need to let him speak his piece."

"I agree. But you know if you guys don't work things out, you're welcome to stay forever."

We laughed. I placed all of the sliced fruit in a bowl and called Amara to come and eat her snack. After getting her situated in her seat, I went back to my seat to clean up the mess I made.

"Do you see you two having a future after something like this?"

"Before we got married, I promised him that unless he cheats on me, we would work out our issues. Whether it be through taking some time apart, or working it out together." I washed the cutting board and placed in on the drying rack.

"I don't see myself in this life with anyone but Brandon. I know that he's the one that God made for me. We just hit a bit of a bump. We'll get over it."

"You sound like you're trying to convince yourself." She took a bite of her apple.

I looked at her and frowned. The doorbell rung a couple seconds later.