Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Chapter 4

We've been living here in L.A. for a week now, and so far I like it. Emma's parent's wanted to give me a job interview at a friend's company, but because they had been so nice to me, I passed and just sent out my resumé to a lot of stores and restaurants around the apartment building. 

One evening, as I was sending out my resume, Maggie told me that her brother owned a pet store in downtown LA and that she had already sent him my resumé and a letter of recommendation. He called a few days later to ask if I was sure about coming, and I told him I would love to work for him. He liked what I said in the interview and told me that if I took the job, it would be to care for, feed, and so on, the puppies, kittens, snakes, lizards, turtles, hamsters, and parrots, as well as I am supposed to sell as many pets as I can, and close up and open in the mornings. I got the job and will be learning from him and seeing how the main animal keeper does the work for another three weeks, but then I will be on my own on Mondays, and Thursdays as well as every other Saturday and Sunday. 

The second most important things to have around oneself, except a job, is, at least one café and one bookstore, and just in the first week I found both; a café called 'The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf', and a book store called 'The Last Bookstore', both in walking distance from the apartment. 

Emma got a job at a company that is owned by some people her mother knows.  and she likes it there, our schedules are about the same, but she only works on weekdays, so she is not working over the weekends, but every night, we still watch one episode of 'Gilmore Girls' and I almost always fall asleep on the couch. I love being here, and for the first time, I feel like my life is coming together and getting better by the hour.

I was sitting behind the desk at my work wondering if Emma remembered to buy popcorn, There were only 10 minutes left of my shift, and then I was going to the book store, buying myself a new book and going to the Café to read and drink a cup of coffee.

I've been working since 7 o'clock this morning, so my shift finishes at 4, but Emma's shift at her work starts at 9 and lasts until 5:30, so I have around one and a half-hour to sit in the café and read my new book since she works far away and the traffic is crazy. 

I woke up from my thoughts and looked at the clock.

7 minutes.

I walked around the store, to check on the animals. My favorite is a tiny little fluffy black and white kitten. I went to the cage he was in and watched him play with the other kits, maybe I'll check if Emma wants a tiny little fluffball, I named him Simon, he is so cute and fluffy. I looked at the clock.

3 minutes. 

I heard something from the back, so I walked through the door at the back of the store, "August, did you say something?" I called to him, from the hallway leading to his office.

"Yeah, come in!" I walk into his office and he looks at me and says, "Kate, you can leave now, Olly just came in, and he is taking the evening shift." I thank him and leave. 

After a five-minute walk, I got to the bookstore and immediately started roaming around. After a few minutes of trying to track down a good book, I saw a table with a sign, it read 'Best Books of the last decades', I walked over to the table and looked at all of the books, most of them were from between 2007 and 2015, I pick some up and read on the back, and on my fourth book, I saw that this was the one I was looking for, it's a paperback version of 'The Girl with All the Gifts', I read the back and loved it. I started walking to the register, when I passed a room with music, CDs, Vynil, and even some cassettes, I walked inside and started looking through the CD section. I got to a CD called 'Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd', I grabbed it and read the songs.

"That is a good CD" I heard someone say behind me in a thick British accent. 

"oh, yeah?" I asked, still looking down, "Have you listened to it a lot?" I asked, turning around my eyes still on the CD, 

"yeah, it has one of my favorite songs on it," I looked up and locked eyes with Emerald eyes, 

"and what song is that, if I may ask?" I kept looking in those eyes, I felt as if I was back home, not the apartment, not even the foster homes, but my home. surrounded by trees and lying in the grass, the air is clean and life is perfect. 

"If I tell you, will you show me your favorite record in this store?" he asked cracking a smirk, I sent him a challenging look.

"Well, only if that song is as good as you say it is." he smiled, and I looked at the rest of his face, he was quite good looking, he had a sharp jawline, a straight nose, beautiful hair, perfectly messy like he had just run his hands through it and a smile that would melt the coldest heart, all topped with the cutest dimples.

"you can listen to it in there," he said pointing to a gap between bookcases, there was a sign that said, lounge. I nodded, not being able to think right, "great, follow me, and find your headphones." he smiled at me and I felt a flash of cool, fresh air hit me. 

We walked over to the sign and I was still in some kind of a shock when we got to it, He walked inside. I've always been told not to go with strangers so I stopped and stood still and looked around me.

"Come in, there is a little couch and not so much noise from the other shoppers." He said as he got out of the room, I looked inside and saw that there were three little couches, with just enough room for two people in each, "it's now or never, and we can sit in this one" he said and pointed at the one facing the entrance. He smiled with an upbeat smile, and I decided to just do it and walked inside.

He pointed to the sofa and waited for me to take a seat. He sat beside me and motioned to the headphones I had fished out of my pockets, I put one in my ear and handed him the end of the cable, "you've got to listen to the both of them at the same time," he said handing me the second one, "for the full experience." I took the other earbud and put it in my other ear. "now you have to adjust the volume, and just to warn you it doesn't start right away," he looked me in the eye and asked, "Are you ready?" I nodded and he pressed play.

'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' started playing and I closed my eyes to enjoy the magical tunes. 

The song finished and I opened my eyes, the man, was still sitting next to me, looking at me with excitement in his eyes, "so, what did you think?" he asked, I smiled. 

"I think I better get this CD." he chuckled and unplugged his phone from my headphones. 

"so, can I know your favorite album in this store?" he asked, talking about my promise. I smiled back at him.

"Yes, so we better get back out there," I said, he rose from his seat and held out his hand for me to grab while standing up from the cozy chair. 

"Oh, I didn't catch your name," I said as I grabbed his hand. The boy looked surprised over at me for a second but it quickly changed to a smile, as he pulled me up and I realized, that there are only a few inches between us. A smirk creeps up his lips "it's Harry."

A/N: so in this story, he is famous so this is not an alternative reality, so yeah,

well, thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it

Love Life <3